MYTVONLINE shuts down after 2 hours

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

My biggest issue is that MYTVONLINE shuts down after 2 hours, this limits how far ahead you can use the record facility.

Hi, the inactivity standby limit is controlled by the service provider.

We will look into the box not waking up when a recording is scheduled.

In the future, please start a new thread for issues unrelated to the current discussion.
    You will get more visibility and it will also help other users who are having the same issue.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• No this is the box doing It, brings up an inactivity box which you have to confirm to continue watching. I've checked with the IPTV supplier and they don't have a time out. This doesn't happen on any other device.

Cheers

• Official Post

No this is the box doing It, brings up an inactivity box which you have to confirm to continue watching. I've checked with the IPTV supplier and they don't have a time out. This doesn't happen on any other device.

Cheers

So many inaccuracies in this statement.

MYTVOnline receives the "Playback Limit" parameter from the server and shuts down the box accordingly.
    Maybe your provider is a reseller and doesn't have access rights to change that setting.

If you would like to learn more about how the inactivity standby timer is supposed to work, please start a new thread.

• Official Post

Moved all postings about Playback Limit from EPG thread into this thread.

@All
    Please stop to open every time new threads for same request or issue, it`s just non productiv. Use same thread for posting and don`t post in several with other issues, it makes other threads off topic.

• So many inaccuracies in this statement.

MYTVOnline receives the "Playback Limit" parameter from the server and shuts down the box accordingly.
    Maybe your provider is a reseller and doesn't have access rights to change that setting.

If you would like to learn more about how the inactivity standby timer is supposed to work, please start a new thread.

I'm interested in the inaccuracies you talk of... A condescending attitude helps nobody..

Sorry but this box is driving me insane and it's not changed since the day I bought it.

• Official Post

Didn't mean to put you on the spot, but inaccurate and false utterances hurt the community if they aren't called out immediately.

Regarding your recording issue, the cause seems less to do with the auto-shutdown, but more to do with the fact that the box shuts down and doesn't wake up to record something you have scheduled.
    This is something Formuler engineers will look into starting next week.

"Playback Limit"
    MYTVOnline uses Stalker protocol.
    Stalker is a middleware protocol designed for rapid deployment and easy management of IPTV/OTT TV service.
    When a client connects to a stalker portal, the server sends a list of channels along with many other parameters/data pertaining to the service.
    Some of these parameters are "rules" set by the server operator that the box must abide by.
    One of these rules is "Playback Limit."
    Playback Limit sets the maximum amount of time a single channel can be watched without any user activity.
    Some servers have no limit and some do have limits.
    MYTVOnline abides by this limit as does any MAG device.

With that said, a new menu item in MYTVOnline will be available in the next release.
    When there is no playback limit set by the service operator, the user can set the inactivity auto-shutdown timer themselves: OFF, 1hr, 2hr, 3hr.

• Official Post

Then you didn`t look properly or still use old MOL. The settings can be found under MOL-> menu -> settings -> playback limit.

• hey @SAM I also don’t see this setting? I’m running the latest firmware and MYTVONLINE version. From within the MYTVONLINE app I press menu while watching a chanel, and then I go to settings. I obviously see a bunch of options (buffer length, parental controls, time for the channel information bar to be displayed, etc) BUT I don’t see any option to modify playback limit?

• hey @SAM I also don’t see this setting? I’m running the latest firmware and MYTVONLINE version. From within the MYTVONLINE app I press menu while watching a chanel, and then I go to settings. I obviously see a bunch of options (buffer length, parental controls, time for the channel information bar to be displayed, etc) BUT I don’t see any option to modify playback limit?

Are you using a Stalker Portal? If so, the timeouts are set by your IPTV provider and aren't changeable.

If you are using an m3u playlist, you'll see the options as Sam mentioned.

• Official Post