Unable to wake box from sleep

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I have a Z7+ box and am very happy with it, but it appears to have a problem.
    When the box is either shutdown via the remote, or it has shut itself down due to inactivity, I cannot get the box to wake up without removing the power supply to the box.

Is there a reason for this and does anyone else have this issue?

Box has the red light on, but doesn’t respond to the remote control.

• It will be interesting to see if there is a solution to this, I just pull the plug and put it back in when that happens, but it does seem to be happening more often now

• Official Post

Thanks for the report.

I see there are at least several of you with the same symptoms/issue.

As I have yet to reproduce this issue in the lab, can you each provide the following info so the engineers can attempt to look into and patch the problem?

• Does this happen every time the set goes to standby mode?
    • What is a reliable way to reproduce the issue?
    • [lexicon]Settings[/lexicon] >> System >> Power Mode : ?
    • When the set is stuck in standby mode and you press the power button on the RCU, does the LED on the front of the Unit change color?
      Look carefully. Does the green LED turn on while the red LED is on at the same time? (produces a slightly orange color when combined)
    • Any external devices connected to the set? USB, microSD, etc.?

This information will help us find the root cause of the issue and get it patched.

Thanks

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Same issue here. Doesn't happen every time. When it does, light doesn't flash, or turn green, or orange. Stays solid red. I have microSD, air mouse, via usb.

PS: You need to release air mouse/keyboard remote optimized for box. Included remote decent but still inadequate. Should be able to turn on and fully control formuler, (turn on) tv and (turn on and adjust volume) sound system from one remote, similar to what Directv remote does. I'd pay a reasonable amount for an upgraded remote with more programmable buttons, but with Formuler specific buttons. Why not allow F-keys to be programmed as well? Currently they do very little if anything. That would help some.

• Update. I just happened tonight. When I unplugged/replugged cord, it cycled repeatedly and installed updates like when new out of box. When home came up it made me go through set up and all my apps were gone. Not happy, as you'd imagine.

• Hi, for me it happens every so often when I just press the power button on the remote quickly to put it to sleep. Then probably about an hour later it becomes unresponsive to the remote, the light on the remote flashes but nothing on the box changes. My external devices are micro sd and usb and of course the remote ir extension. I can then only get the box to respond by removing and returning the power source.

thanks for your response

• Official Post

Hi, for me it happens every so often when I just press the power button on the remote quickly to put it to sleep. Then probably about an hour later it becomes unresponsive to the remote, the light on the remote flashes but nothing on the box changes. My external devices are micro sd and usb and of course the remote ir extension. I can then only get the box to respond by removing and returning the power source.

thanks for your response

When the set is stuck in standby mode and you press the power button on the RCU, does the LED on the front of the Unit change color?
    Look carefully. Does the green LED turn on while the red LED is on at the same time? (produces a slightly orange color when combined)

• When the set is stuck in standby mode and you press the power button on the RCU, does the LED on the front of the Unit change color?

its just happened and I I’ve looked closely and can’t see a green light on amounts to the red

• Thanks everyone for the replies.

Formuler engineers will be looking into this issue.
    Hope to have it patched soon.

@175n...if it helps, in my experience, it was more common for it to happen if the box timed out and put itself to sleep than if I turned the box off/sent it to standby by hitting the power button. Its not an issue now that I have my box set to Power Off instead of Standby, but of course you lose your EPG info and the box has to start up and reconnect to the portal from that setting. The Standby setting was nice for holding EPG and faster startup.

• Official Post

@175n...if it helps, in my experience, it was more common for it to happen if the box timed out and put itself to sleep than if I turned the box off/sent it to standby by hitting the power button. Its not an issue now that I have my box set to Power Off instead of Standby, but of course you lose your EPG info and the box has to start up and reconnect to the portal from that setting. The Standby setting was nice for holding EPG and faster startup.

Thanks for the additional feedback. I think this information will be useful when debugging the issue.

• Hi
    I found out today that if you close all background aplications, pressing the Menu button for a certen time,and put the box on standing by, next day it will came on agayn.
    whith no problems

• People the fix for now is that you must close all aplications on Background, then you can put the box on stand by and will awake with no problems.