Unable to wake box from sleep

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

I think the problem could be also in system setting. Just curios: How much of you set Mol as start app in System? After start autom. boot into Mol.

• Official Post

I'm telling this only because after i changed this setting to non, i didn't saw any standby issue on my box. Would be nice if others can confirm after few days of use that this setting could be the problem.

• When i first got box i had this happen about 3 times, had to pull cord, running via ethernet, not set mytvonline to start at bootup, i always do a 'hold menu, press red' to close anything before opening other apps or turning box off.

The box was only 1 to 2 days old and was having other problems so never got chance to see what was causing it. It's not happened since but one thing i do remember is, if you press and hold down power button from home screen and turn off or put box in standby that way i no longer had the issue but cannot cofirm for definite if this was the issue as was testing other things at the time, Just a thought.

I cannot test as box is on being used at the moment, but maybe putting into standby via remote by holding down power button is fine but maybe not when using the setting to turn box to standby when just pressing power button (via android -> system).

Not tested and not sure if others have but am sure it stopped happening after i started holding down power button and choosing from there rather than just press power button once and it go into standby.

• I turned off MOL as the startup app and selected none, as suggested by Sam. I tried to start the box from standby and unfortunately it wouldn’t start again, so changing the start up app to none hasn’t helped me. as usual I unplugged power and put plug back in and it rebooted. I will now try droidbugs suggestion of pressing and holding power button and select stand by from there.

• I turned off MOL as the startup app and selected none, as suggested by Sam. I tried to start the box from standby and unfortunately it wouldn’t start again, so changing the start up app to none hasn’t helped me. as usual I unplugged power and put plug back in and it rebooted. I will now try droidbugs suggestion of pressing and holding power button and select stand by from there.

I've not been able to replicate the issue since but i do hold down power button and then select standby or shut down from there and no issues.

Would be Interesting to see if the same happens when you power down as i described rather than having the option in cog icon (settings) -> System -> Power Mode (Standby) and then just pressing power button when you want it to go into standby.

• I will let you know, thanks

No problem, i've just been testing by putting my box into standby by just pressing power button. So far cannot replicate the issue.

Do you find it comes out of standby mode fine if you attempt to take the box out of standby mode within a few minutes of actually putting it into standby? reason i ask incase it only happens once box been in standby for a set period of time. I've tested by keeping box in standby for a few minutes and switching my source back to tv then back to box just to see and still boots up from standby fine.

I also close all apps before going into standby (ocd i think lol) so just of of curiosity i opened MOL then pressed home button on remote then went into standby and booted from standby fine.

If know it did happen to me on about 3 occasions, same day and following day of receiving my formuler box but nothing since.

• Well the problem with standby is it doesn’t happen during the day let’s say cause you use it from my experience with this it happens after some hours from my testing it doesn’t happen even 3 or maybe 4 hours later but when let’s say I leave it at night and maybe pass the 6 to 8 hours it doesn’t open from stand by ,is something like the box has an internal clock that shuts down after that time and it doesn’t open if you don’t unplug it.

• This seems to be a common issue. I have the same problem It happens every so often. Only remedy is to unplug it from power and power it up again.

• Cause not at home now I don’t remember if we can change the power saving mode cause maybe the timeout of the box with standby has to do something with that just an idea

• Ok,

As always shut down my box by holding down power button to put into standby like i always do, this morning it would not boot past the formuler logo boot screen, i had to press power button twice/three times which caused it to restart and then boot up as normal. Since booting my date/time is wrong as showing as Monday 10 April 2017 and 1:00AM because it seems i had no internet access on the box even though it's actually connected and my router shows it as connected. Only way to get internet back was to reboot my router, odd as my router logs does not show my vpn went down or anything, infact another device was accessing the internet via vpn fine. Very odd behaviour.

• I’ve had the same problem happen to me a couple of times. I had the myonlinetv app and IPVanishVPN running at the same time when I put it into sleep mode.

I always close all apps before putting box in to standby.

---------

Anyway, as i mentioned two posts above, the same happened again this morning, it seems the box once in standby after a period of hours, i'd say maybe 6 or hours then the box has trouble booting from standby.

When i take box from standby i press power button, formuler bootup logo shows and does nothing, just stays on that screen, only thing to get past the formuler bootup logo is to press the power button 2/3 times, then it shows the android loading circle before checking for updates then boots as normal.

• I had this problem and now my box won't boot. I get a no signal after the Formuler z+ splash screen. Can anyone help?

My box is a week old

• I had this problem and now my box won't boot. I get a no signal after the Formuler z+ splash screen. Can anyone help?

My box is a week old

Ok somethings to try:

1) First try another HDMI cable as i have had this with dodgy HDMI cables not being able to send a signal to the tv so tv will say no signal. If no luck then try another HDMI port on your TV.

2) Sounds daft but have you tried pulling cable from back of box? then wait a few minutes then re-insert?

3) Does the light on the box light up at all? even after step 2?

4) After inserting power cable back in, press power button 2/3 times, check to see if you see a light on front of box or anything on screen.

5) Could be power faulty power adaptor/box if there is no sign of life, ie. no light showing at all on front of box.

Alternatively you could follow these manual recovery instructions. Please read them several times before proceeding.