What is wrong with my Formuler Z7+

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi all Formuler Z7+ users,

Since the last Formuler Z7+ update, my Formuler Z7+ takes a long time to start up, and it reboots during this process. Bebore this las update it took 30 seconds and no reboot.

Also it dosn't display all the icons on the launher screen, it display the (+) sign instead of the application icons. But if I press the (+) sign it opens the correct application.

I have done a video showing the behaviour:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I have alredy set to factory defaults two times, and the behaviour is the same.

Am I missing something here?

Any ideas how to solve this?

• Official Post

Hi,

it`s obvious android have some problems, the boot time is to high and missing icons on start. If you already done factory reset and like i can see you use already last fw, there are no so much possibility's except to wait upcoming Update end of March. Then you will be able to install new fw trough OTA. Sorry to not have better solution for you.

You can only try to plug out all your sd card, USB sticks etc. to see if the problem is then gone. exFAT formatted devices still makes problems.

• Official Post

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback and detailed video.

Can you make a short video of when you do the Factory Reset?
    Need to see the state of the box immediately after Factory Reset.

Steps:
    1. Start Recording
    2. [lexicon]Settings[/lexicon] >> System >> Factory Reset
    3. Wait for reset to complete
    4. Complete setup wizard
    5. Wait for Launcher to appear.
    6. Stop recording

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• My workaround for slow boot is when z7+ logo stays on for long, to press the power button for 1-2 seconds(the green light on the box blinks twice). It goes to check for updates almost instantly.

This is works for me every time.

Try it and let us know if it works for you.

• when I get a long boot or a cycle of restarts I hit the channel Up button 3 or 4 times when I see the circles boot video and then boots fine without a restart.

Since last update my box boots fine