Buffering issues

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi:

First speed test on Z8 Ethernet cable test (not wifi)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Server listening on 5201

Accepted connection from 192.168.10.77, port 46497

[ 5] local 192.168.10.50 port 5201 connected to 192.168.10.77 port 46498

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth

[ 5] 0.00-1.00 sec 57.4 MBytes 481 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 1.00-2.00 sec 62.8 MBytes 527 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 2.00-3.00 sec 60.6 MBytes 508 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 3.00-4.00 sec 60.2 MBytes 505 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 4.00-5.00 sec 60.0 MBytes 503 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 5.00-6.00 sec 60.1 MBytes 504 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 6.00-7.00 sec 60.3 MBytes 506 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 7.00-8.00 sec 60.5 MBytes 508 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 8.00-9.00 sec 60.4 MBytes 506 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 9.00-10.00 sec 60.4 MBytes 507 Mbits/sec

[ 5] 10.00-10.05 sec 2.62 MBytes 481 Mbits/sec

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth

[ 5] 0.00-10.05 sec 0.00 Bytes 0.00 bits/sec sender

[ 5] 0.00-10.05 sec 605 MBytes 505 Mbits/sec receiver

Server listening on 5201

^Ciperf3: interrupt - the server has terminated

comment: enough (could be better)

• ive had the z7+ since it came on the market.i changed to static ip rebooted router and device,bingo no buffer at all.a lot of isps can detect sertain devices and throttle internet try using a vpn like express vpn see if that makes any difference.i no for sure isp will throttle e2 devices {zgemma} another consideration is to do with providers servers,were there located

Did you change it to static on the formuler only?

Or also static adress on the router.

• HI:

I do not think buffering is from boxes (tested z7+ and z8 for hours with a 4k stream 20 mbits) and they do not fail one single time in internal network

with another router in the middle, in fact i get another provider of iptv (cheaper) and the problem is more intense, i also found that on the "good" provider i have in some channels and others do not and i found the tv channels with problems where on the same ip address (may be same server/port combination). So at the moment i do not think is a box problem but most of the time ( 99%) is from iptv providers with server/bandwith problems.

No hammer for the boxes for now.

Another conclusion for me is that Z8 does not worth the price it costs, after all is android 7 and Z7+ performs well.

• Don't know if this is of use to anyone, but after trying all the suggestions listed here, this finally worked for me. I have a z7+ which started buffering really badly, mainly on HD channels but also on a few SD channels all of a sudden a few days ago. Im getting 34mbps as reported by "speedtest" app that I installed on the box. Now a mate of mine has exactly the same box, and uses the same provider as me without any problem whatsoever.

So after trying all the suggestions without success, I stopped to think what the difference was between my box and his, and the only difference is that I run a VPN. So I tried selecting different servers for the VPN but still no luck. Then I turned off the VPN and hey presto - Buffering has gone and I got a 100% rock steady picture on all channels.

After playing around for hours, I also found that if I use any VPN server on protocol TCP its absolutely fine, the problem only arises when it is switched to protocol UDP.

Hope this might help someone.

After playing around for hours, I also found that if I use any VPN server on protocol TCP its absolutely fine, the problem only arises when it is switched to protocol UDP.............................

If I saw activity like that, then I would suspect that your ISP is at the root of the issue.

For example the default for OpenVPN would be UDP on Port 1194, and when people (like ISP's and CDN's) wish to disrupt and restrict VPN traffic for whatever reason, this will be the first place that they will look for something to get their teeth into.

Clearly it's good that your VPN provider offers other means of connection, but it's worth baring in mind that this type of thing can be something of a 'moving target' at the best of times and you might find that you will need to re-visit your VPN settings from time to time. Additionally, if you are using an ISP supplied appliance (ie router etc) then be aware that ISP's can and often will unilaterally change (without any notice to you) any settings changes that you may have made in the past. The types of things that they use are their own DNS/Nameservers and settings, and anything that purports to protect you or otherwise save you from a fate worse than virtual death etc etc. This type of activity is typically very often seen where the ISP is also a broadcaster or rights-holder of some kind.