EPG Button on 3rd Party Wireless Keyboard Remote?

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Looking at wireless keyboards like the "Rii i8 Wireless Mini Keyboard & Touchpad" -- but having tried one over the weekend at a friend's place, I couldn't figure out how to get the EPG to come up in the MyTVOnline app. Anyone know if any of the 3rd party keyboard remotes are programmable (specifically for the EPG button), or if there's a FUNCTION KEY (i.e. F1, F2, etc) or some other key combination that will bring the EPG up in MyTVOnline?

• Official Post

We can add another keystroke that MYTVOnline will listen for to open the grid EPG.

Is Keyboard F5 ok?

Which key is suitable?

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• F5 works for me, whichever keystroke makes sense for you guys, as long as a normal keyboard can simulate that button - and hoping this change can be put into production soon?

Thank you for being receptive to making this change!! Loving the support your team has provided so far!

• Was just testing out my new wireless keyboard this evening and, though I figured out that MENU was mapped to one of the F keys, I noticed that I can't simulate the 'colored' (blue, for example) buttons. Is there already a mapping for those, or would those need to be added as well? Is there a 'mapping chart' somewhere that I can refer to?

• Official Post

MYTVOnline was never meant to be used with a keyboard.
    It is optimized for use with the included remote controller.

If you provide an RCU to keyboard map, draft, we can discuss it with the community and try to implement it later

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I know you have mapped F7 to give the grid view of the EPG, and that is AWESOME. However, there doesn’t seem to be a button to select a program and tube to it. I would thing “enter” to be one such button, but nothing seems to work. I know that myTVOnline is designed to work with the Formuler remote, but having keyboard support is always appreciated - particularly when using other apps on the box.

Anyway - if at all possible, I’d love it if I were able to click a program and it would tune to it from the grid view on my keyboard. Any chance?

Cheers