Prevent Standby

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• hmm,

To my knowledge and i've just had a look to i cannot see a setting for box to enter standby mode after xx hours. To my knowledge it should stay on until you press and hold down power button from home screen and choose 1 of the 3 options (standby, restart, power off) or it could be if using something like Kodi turning device off as some apps like Kodi has such options.

There is a setting. From home screen.

select cog icon (settings icons) -> System -> look for Power Mode, but i believe this setting just means what do you want to happen when you quickly press the power button, if you hold down power button from home screen you get 3 options.

• thanks for the reply...

Like you say, the setting you mention refers to the action of pressing the on off button, whether box will go to power off or standby..

The issue I'm having is that after a few hours.. and I don't know exactly how many as I haven't been there when it's happened... the box just goes to standby..

not a big issue but it's affecting my OCD!!

• well unless there is an app installed that is turning it off after set period of time or for example if using Kodi there's options in there to turn off device, maybe a faulty box possibly overheating or something so shutting down to protect cpu and other components perhaps.

another thing to try.

Check if the port on back of tv which you're media box is connected to says HDMI (ARC) i know depending how each manufacturer implement it some TV's for example can turn off other devices using ARC by listening for a signal coming from in this case you're box. ARC is also used with CEC, my samsung bluray remote operates tv and bluray through one remote thanks to ARC and CEC as an example.

Basically if you're media box is plugged into a HDMI ARC port on you're tv put it another HDMI port that does not support ARC, it should say near hdmi port HDMI (ARC) if the HDMI port supports ARC.

Check you're tv settings, energy settings, eco settings (every manufacturer uses different names) and any setting related to HDMI ARC, on Samsung TVs for example they call it Anynet+, it's meant for audio ie. connect a soundbar to HDMI ARC port but it's used for other purposes to.

This article may explain better:
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/…arc-explained-works-care/
    https://www.tomsguide.com/us/hdmi-arc-faq,news-26262.html

Other than the above i literally cannot think of anything else as i am not aware of any setting so box turns off after xx hours.

• Official Post

If this happens while you're using MYTVOnline, it is normal behavior.

The reason this happens is because the server has enabled an inactivity standby timer rule.
    Some servers don't activate this feature, and some do.

To prevent the auto-shutdown while using MYTVOnline, press some buttons on the remote from time to time.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• If this happens while you're using MYTVOnline, it is normal behavior.

The reason this happens is because the server has enabled an inactivity standby timer rule.
    Some servers don't activate this feature, and some do.

To prevent the auto-shutdown while using MYTVOnline, press some buttons on the remote from time to time.

ok but even if this is server side, surely the developers of mytvonline app can develop the app to ignore being shut down, basically thats the same as saying the server can control you're box by shutting it down when a period of activity is not detected.

Now the mytvonline app being client side should be able to ignore it or something similar, not aware of such feature myself but find it alarming a server can just shut down the box if using mytvonline app because of inactivity standby timer rule, it's down to the developers to integrate this client side within the mytvonline app, infact a setting to shut box off after xx hours or just send a fake response every hour or something so server thinks it's had some activity, i don't know as never heard of such a server feature but seems very odd way to go about things.

An example my TV will bring a popup after after xx hours (set by me in settings) asking to press a button to keep tv on, What i mean is the mytvonline app should at least allow us to alter that behaviour like my TV for example and even maybe to show a popup/message to confirm to keep on or something like that. To allow the server to control this without any sort of verification from client (client side) just doesn't go well with me and think something needs passing over as a suggestion to developers.

• ok but even if this is server side, surely the developers of mytvonline app can develop the app to ignore being shut down, basically thats the same as saying the server can control you're box by shutting it down when a period of activity is not detected.

Now the mytvonline app being client side should be able to ignore it or something similar, not aware of such feature myself but find it alarming a server can just shut down the box if using mytvonline app because of inactivity standby timer rule, it's down to the developers to integrate this client side within the mytvonline app, infact a setting to shut box off after xx hours or just send a fake response every hour or something so server thinks it's had some activity, i don't know as never heard of such a server feature but seems very odd way to go about things.

An example my TV will bring a popup after after xx hours (set by me in settings) asking to press a button to keep tv on, What i mean is the mytvonline app should at least allow us to alter that behaviour like my TV for example and even maybe to show a popup/message to confirm to keep on or something like that. To allow the server to control this without any sort of verification from client (client side) just doesn't go well with me and think something needs passing over as a suggestion to developers.

The MTVVOL app does give a warning message just prior to shutting down which gives you the option to click OK and continue

• I'm having the same problem with mtvol and if I set it to record overnight and it doesn't record because the box turns itself off.

• Can you Please fix this so we can manually turn it off. Getting service providers to fix this gets me a this is a setting on STB setting response, which its not.

• Official Post

There is nothing to be fixed. The system operates as expected. The person you talked to on the service side likely isn't qualified enough to give you an accurate response.

A workaround to your issue is to switch from mac login to api (line) login. (username & password)

Then you can manually adjust the playback limit on your device.

• Official Post

please can you tell me to switch from mac login to api (line) login my box turns off after 3 hours

Instructions: How to use MAC/ID portal, Xtreme Codes Api (XC) and M3U Url on Formuler Boxes.