Can not record TV

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I have an 80GB hard disk drive connected with a USB to a Formuler F1 but when I press record nothing happens.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Possible solutions:

Reformat HDD
    Enable record live TV (How?)

I can access the files and play them from the HDD but I cannot record live TV :cursing:

• Hello mule1152!

First of all WELCOME to our Formuler Forum. Second point I think you don't have to confirmation the TimeShift path.
    If you use the Filmrecord you must enter the recording path unter Time Shift [lexicon]settings[/lexicon].

The TimeShift setting is different depending on the Image.

What Image do you use?

Best regards
    Sokar

Schöne Grüße

Sokar :thumbs_up:

• Which Image is running ?
    What is the format of the HDD (NTFS, FAT32, or ext3/4) ?
    Did you format the HDD with the Receiver ?

Best way to format the HDD (initialize) with your box. All dates will be delated !
    The normal path is media/hdd.
    You have also to control the correct path in the system.

The menues are different in the different Images.
    Konfiguration - System - TV is often the right way to find this menue.

________
    Gruß
    SKIP

• Hi there

I have tried initializing the hdd but it still wont work. I dont know how to map the drive to media /hdd, although i thnk it is already mapped to that.

When i press the record button still nothing happens.

My menu list does not have Konfiguration - system - TV

It has system, and there are options for timeshift but not how to map the path to the hdd.

any further suggestions would be much appreciated

• Official Post

For successful Help we need detailed Informations, like always.

1. Image Name? Factory Image on STB or new Installed/flashed Image, ver. Nb?
    2. What kind of HDD 3.5,2.5 USB, Esata?
    3. Is HDD clean, no files on it? You know for use with E2 Image this must be formated to ext3/4?

• 1. I have no idea what you mean by "Image Name" ver.nb???

all i want to do is plug it in and record like all other STBs why do i need to do all this other stuff?

2. The HDD is a Hitachi Travelstar HTS5410 not sure if it is 2.5 3.5, it has a micro USB connection and the cable i have goes from micro to normal USB which i plug into the STB usb port above the ethernet port.

3. I have wiped all the files from the HDD but I have not reformatted it using my computer but I initialized it through the STB as per the advice and it said 100% comlpleted initialized. Also i used the STB to convert the HDD from ext3 to 4 (not sure if it was ext3 before I did this as I didnt know hw to check this but did it anyway)

What is an E2 image? all I want to do is record Live tv, why is it so complicated, I just want to plug in and record simple. Also I dont know what OpenPli is and am doing some research on this.

Thanks in advance if anyone can solve this for me

• Its ok guys I'm going to try flashing another image file Open Atv 5.3 and see if that is more human friendly than the openPli image

• Official Post

Ok, this are now better Informations like before. You was using PLi and want to flash openATV, ok doe it first, its good choice. When you flash ATV please be sure your 2.5 HDD USB is also connected so this can be correctly mounted from Image.

OpenATV, openPLI, oepnHDF, openNFR etc. are E2 Images. Ver.Nb is like on openATV the 5.3

• Ok so I have tried to flash OpenATV using an Intenso 32GB dongle FAT32 but when I connect it to the STB nothing happens. I have the files imageversion kernel.bin noforce and rootfs.bin on the dongle inserted into the back USB port and I rebooted the STB but nothing happens it just boots up to OpenPli again and I cant access the files from anywhere to somehow install.

Should I put the files on the Hitachi external drive and try to install from that?

I would also like to install Enigma 2.

Also when i initialized the HDD and converted from ext3 to ext4 the drive was no longer recognisable on my pc so I had to delete the volume and reformat so my pc recognises it now.

I have the correct files for the Formuler F1 STB

Right I know now I must insert the 32GB USB drive and press and hold the Standby/On button for a few seconds until it starts the flash. But this also didnt work.

So now I am reformatting my USB stick (not quick) the slow way, see if this works to FAT32 (it was exFAT). But I've also bought a Kingston USB just in case this doesn't work as I've seen on other forums this USB stick works 100% when flashing.

Edited 4 times, last by mule1152 ().

• Official Post

How To - USB Flash -> Anleitung: Update mit USB-Stick

Stick must always be formatted with Fat32 to Flash. Format, extract the zip file to your root directory from your USB Stick, you have now folder "formuler1". Put it inside F1, power off, power on and then if F1 recognise your USB Stick you should see the Image name, press teh button on left side and in display appears "Flashing". After successful flash the box reboots again and then you see the Install assistant.
    By the way, you should not switch always the hdd from box to pc! The hdd works with Box in ext3 Filesystem, PC only Fat32 or Ntfs if you use Windows!

• Ok I've tried that but it just says "BOOTING" and then nothing happens. I tried to hold the standby/on/off switch on the side for 5-10 seconds when it said booting but the image does not flash. I have bought a Kingston USB and will try this when it comes tomorrow.

Do I need a bootloader?

Edited once, last by mule1152 ().

• Official Post

Then is your USB Stick not compatible or the file not extracted proper. No it's not needed to install the bootloader. Last bootloader have only small change, revision Nb. is now shown in display, thats all.

• Right I have managed to flash OpenATV 5.3 and sorted the channels out but i still cant get the external hard drive to initialise it comes up with a "fsyncing error"

any ideas???

• Official Post

I think your HDD could have bad sectors and result is this error. Do you have another HDD for test?

• Official Post

Normally is, connect -> HDD Image mount-> HDD works, totally simple. But if you get errors like this on initialise then is there some error much deeper. Linux users get this error in cases like damaged sectors and same. You can try to connect the hdd to pc and delete the partition to manufactured step ( trough Disk management), so the box can try to make initialisation and partition from first step. If error occurs again then i would buy new hdd.