Kodi 17

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

Hello Rick,

i think it depends from Hardware and Android combo. Must first speak with Formuler and i will come back to you.

• Official Post

Hello,

There are no plans to update the Android version in the current Formuler IPTV series products.

The reason for this is because the main app, MYTVOnline is running well with the current Android version.

The next generation of Formuler IPTV will come installed with Android 7.0 Nougat and will support the newest KODI versions.
    Prototypes of the next generation IPTV box should be available later this summer.

• Thank you for your reply.

I most say that I'm disappointed with your answer. The giving reason doesn't really do it for me. Why are you assuming that the MYTVONLINE app would't work with later version of Android? For buyers of the next generation IPTV box it is nice to hear that they will have the latest version of Android. But for a company that is claiming to deliver state of the art devices I suspected a better update policy for their current customers. I was not planning on buying a new IPTV box every 6 months.....

• Official Post

Rick,

I think you misunderstood what I said.

MYTVOnline will work on current and next generation platforms.

Current models will receive frequent software updates even after the new model comes out.
    However, there is no plan to update the Android version at this time.

• It is still disappointing because we can't upgrade to newer programs (i.e. Kodi) which require higher version of Android. The current version 4.4 (KitKat) was introduced in October 2013 after that came 5.0 (November 2014) and 6.0 (October 2015). With the introduction of the Formuler IPTV box in 2016 you may say that a newer version of Android was expected (maybe not from the start but certainly in the near future).
    But it is probably a cost issue and that is where my disappointment comes from. If you want your current customers to be loyal to the brand you have to treat them right. We paid an surplus for this box (considering the flood of cheap Chinese boxes with similar or better specs) because we (at least I did) were expecting a better service and upgrade policy from a respectable company.

• I also agree with Rick, there are customers that they dont want to pay for any service and they just want a reliable box to run KODI and apps.
    I have also sold out a considerable amount of Z boxes and now all the customers are complaining because they cannot install KODI newer version.
    My understanding is that the Formuler main focus is MyTVOnline which is very dissapointing. If you want us to keep selling your boxes you better hvae a better support.

• Hello Rick,

Here you can find the best guide on how to update Kodi on Android phones, Android Box, or Android Tablet. i also have the same issue and then i find this guide and this really works for me and now i am using FastestVPN on my android device because before that it doesn't work properly.

• hello i have the same formulerZ+ with android 4.4 i have download the android kodi 17 apk from this side https://www.mygica.co.za/downloads/

it is mygica mediacenter it is a kodi fork which is running on android 4.4 so u can use kodi 17.6 builds on the formulerz+ i hope i can help with this infos my gica medie center runs awesome on my formuler z +

• Currently I have Kodi 17.6. running on my Formuler 7+ . Is it possible to get Kodi 18.1 Leia. This version allows DTS-HD Master Audio pass through on my Shield .

• Official Post

Currently I have Kodi 17.6. running on my Formuler 7+ . Is it possible to get Kodi 18.1 Leia. This version allows DTS-HD Master Audio pass through on my Shield .

Side-load it or install from the play store

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.