S Mini first impressions

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi all,

I have been heavy user of CCCAM and lately IPTV boxes. I have a Z Prime (wich I absolutely love!) and decided to buy the new S Mini.

So, after a whole week of trials, here are some of my findings:

The box is well built. Good quality! Easy to work with and navigate. Tried only IPTV with MyTVOnline app. The first bad news are that the channels freeze a whole lot more than on the Z Prime. In 5 minutes I can have some perfect first 3 minutes then constant freezes afterwards, while in the Z Prime the streams run smooth and 100% perfect all the way. Of course I'm using same IPTV provider, same router/net. Also sometimes s mini hangs at startup, with kind of orange led (not green, not red). Only solution is to unplug power cable, RCU does not have any effect. Other times boots ok, mytvonline connects correctly to provider but does not open any channels/streams. Changing channels works but again it does not open any channels. Logging of mytvonline and logging back in does not help! Restarting s mini does not help! Same outcome, no channels! Only solution is to unplug power cable. Then s mini opens channels, but channels have the annoying constant freezes in a few minutes.

Meanwhile, the Z PRIME is working perfect, without a glitch during this s mini test periods.

It seems to me that the s mini has lot of potential but still needs a lot of work!

The Android version should be optimized! Not phone Android version! Mytvonline app needs many issues fixed! Some fixes at firmware level needed! Being able to set a startup app like in Z Prime would be great!

Did not have time to test CCCAM, just IPTV.

All being said, I will keep the Z Prime as my main box as for now it works so much better than s mini! Will keep the s mini for a month or two and hope FORMULER solves these and other issues it may have. I will not sell my s mini or advise purchase of this box as is because it is not usable! I think Formuler started selling s mini too soon as it needs more work!

Best Regards

NIGHTSHADE

• Nightshade have you tried factory reset and then re-install MYTVOnline on the S Mini?
    I will test the S mini now to see if there are any lags on MYTVOnline with one portal added.
    Will update the friend shortly.

• Okay we tried a portal via MYTVOnline and tested the services via direct Ethernet connection and then via WiFi.
    We had no lagging and no freezing. However we still suggest factory reset, and see if this makes a difference.

Thank you for your feedback. Formuler will release a new update very soon with new bug fixes, new enhancements.

• install Audio_Codec_Package
    menu/manager/plugins/blue key/scroll right to 'addon download'
    There you will see the package. click on the backpacking and press red key to download.
    device will prompt you to reboot.
    hold down the STB power button from the remote control and select restart .

see how you go with this.

• install Audio_Codec_Package
    menu/manager/plugins/blue key/scroll right to 'addon download'
    There you will see the package. click on the backpacking and press red key to download.
    device will prompt you to reboot.
    hold down the STB power button from the remote control and select restart .

see how you go with this.

It doesn t work. Still have the buffering problem.

Also, Facebook and messenger wont work. Install and then they dont open.

Still waiting for my response to my email. Using test firmware and cant downgrade .

• Hi guys,

Yes I had already seen a post advising audio codec pack installation.

Same problems though, many bufferrings while Z Prime working with no bufferings.

Very disapointing... Hope FORMULER is very aware and solve these issues soon! :frowning_face:

Will try to test CCCAM later on the week, hope it performs a lot better :frowning_face:

Best Regards

• Hello Nightsgade
    I have the same problem as you
    My Formuler s-mini hangs at startup when i put It in stand-by mode with the button STB on the remote (strange color of led between green and red)
    My only solution is to unplug the power cable
    Have receive or find à solution for this problem?
    Is a factory reset will solve the problem ?
    Thanks a lot in advance