Formuler Remote IR Codes

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Ok, I'll let the Harmony team know. Unfortunately, it may be difficult to get progress on this because they are typically apprehensive about back-and-forth with profile updates. We'll see what they say...

In the meantime, can you confirm if the original Sleep (sleep timer) command is present on the Z7+? If my memory serves me correctly, I swear that we had Sleep implemented with the last profile update. Per a previous reply from JakedUp -- this should be the latest configuration... and you can see that Sleep is in this list...

==========

33 - PowerToggle

00 - 0

01 - 1

02 - 2

03 - 3

04 - 4

05 - 5

06 - 6

07 - 7

08 - 8

09 - 9

17 - Backspace

60 - Tab

0D - OK

0B - DirectionUp

0E - DirectionDown

10 - DirectionLeft

11 - DirectionRight

0A - Mute

6C - VolumeUp

6D - VolumeDown

57 - Recall

6A - ChannelUp

6B - ChannelDown

22 - Play

23 - Pause

23 - Play/Pause

26 - Stop

27 - Record

21 - Rewind

24 - FastForward

72 - SkipBack

73 - SkipForward

1A - Menu

1E - Exit

51 - Info

54 - Home

57 - Back

52 - Red

61 - Blue

62 - Yellow

63 - Green

1B - Guide

32 - Favorites

75 - Groups

28 - DVR

34 - TV

35 - OnDemand

CE - TV/OnDemand

74 - Cursor

76 - Sleep

70 - VideoFormat

71 - Resolution

==========

• Update: So I forgot that I could log into the MyHarmony desktop app and manage my profiles remotely. I went ahead and added a new Formuler z7+ and can confirm that I am seeing the old "Sleep" (sleep timer) command in the commands list.

I am not, however, seeing the new PowerOn (wake), and PowerOff (sleep) commands in the commands list. But I am seeing that the profile by default now uses separate PowerOn and PowerOff commands to control the power cycle (as opposed to the single PowerToggle as before). It's possible that Harmony added the functionality, but forgot to add the commands to the commands list. Let me check with them!

• Official Post

Here are the the test results from another beta tester who is trying the new profile:

Power Toggle = on and off like normal

Power Off = powers off, if you repeat press it, nothing happens

Power On = powers on, if you repeat press it, nothing else happens

Anyone else have a chance to test the new Z7+ profile?

• Formuler Team, I just heard back from several users that own Formuler z7+ devices as well as Dreamink T2 devices, and they are reporting that the discrete power on/off is working on the Formuler, but not on the Dreamlink. Is there a reason why this would not be working?

• Team, we've always maintained feature parity with the Harmony profiles for the Formuler z7+ and the Dreamlink T2. Currently, the new dedicated PowerOn and PowerOff functions are not working for the latter device. Is there an ETA as to when this device will get these options?

• Here are learned keys from logitech 650 functions for power on and power off

NEC1

PROTOCOL ID : 00 5A

DEVICE : 2

SUB DEVICE : 249

FIXED DATA : 20 BF 60

EFC OBC HEX KEY CODE

POWER ON :132 116 D1 74

POWER OFF:138 115 31 73

• Are these codes also applicable for Z-Nano?

I noticed that the Z7+ model is mentioned a few times and I would be interested to know the IR codes for Z-Nano.

Regards

Edited once, last by Jaao ().

• I'm using a Bose universal remote which I would like to use to control my formuler z7+. So far I haven't been able to find a device code to program my Bose remote. They have a universal device code list, but it doesn't mention formuler as a vendor. Does anyone know what code I should use?

• I'm using a Bose universal remote which I would like to use to control my formuler z7+. So far I haven't been able to find a device code to program my Bose remote. They have a universal device code list, but it doesn't mention formuler as a vendor. Does anyone know what code I should use?

Your remote would not support this box.

• Official Post

Formuler team,

Would the same Z7+ remote profile apply to the Z8? If so, should I let the Harmony team to copy the Z7+ entry in their DB to the Z8?

We found a bug in the current Z8 firmware.

The PowerOn command only works when the device power mode is set to "Power OFF"

The PowerOn command should also work when the device is in Standby mode.

This will be patched in the upcoming Z8 update.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.