Buffering Issues

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Model: Formuler Z7+
    Provider Box
    Firmware version and date: Software version 1.2.10 Software revision R12567 Build 21-12-2017 Android v 7.0 kernel 3.18.24_hi3798mv2x
    MYTVOnline version and date: 1.08.06-r1361
    Factory reset done and when?: yes, several times

This box is a European model, as identified with the power adator plug in, no external antenna.
    I have a subscription with vaders.
    My download speed is steady at 10 down / 1 up, via Telmex, I live in Mexico
    Using this box as the only viewing device, I have constant buffering.
    I have changed from wired ethernet to wireless and back, changed the hdmi cable, installed a replacement power adaptor, still the buffering.
    I have an intel NUC with linux and kodi installed, very little buffering, from the same account.
    I have an amazon firestick, same account, buffers more than kodi, but less than z7+
    I am able to watch two (2) streams, one with the NUC, and one with the firestick, at the same time.
    I have factory reset the device, several times, with no improvement in viewing.
    I intend to visit a friends house, he has 20 down, and see if this improves the streaming.

Any advice as to what I can do to improve the viewing experiance?
    Thank you

• Official Post

Hello Mexjerry,

minimum speed for Z Box streaming is 3MBps, if this is not constantly you will have buffering. Go to app market and test your Z7+ speed with speedtest.net app and give us the results.

• I took the box to a friends hosue, he has 25-29 down.
    No buffering issues were observed, so I would say that the suggestion of minimum 3Mbp down is somewhat incorrect.

• I've seen this question posted a 1000 times on Reddit. There are many different factors that cause buffering... could be the IPTV sub, could be your ISP throttling, could be your modem/router, could be your WiFi or ethernet wiring. You could try resetting modem/router, using a VPN service, ensure that an internet speedtest yields correct bandwidth, etc. Could be the box, but its not something that seems to be widespread on this box, so maybe you have gotten a defective unit -- but that's doubtful.

• I have similar problem.When a channel starts buffering and if I want to switch another channel that channel also starts buffering and on and on.Then I have no choice but to reboot the box.It happens many times and I have to reboot to get back to where I was before.My internet speed is 48mbp.
    I had no such problem with the same server on Buzz box XPL2000. I think that there is some connectivity problem in its hardware.
    Please see if you can find any solution.

• Official Post

Check under MOL (Mytvonline) [lexicon]Settings[/lexicon] -> HLG Start Mode is set to "normal" and not "fast". Setting "fast" is Buggy and produce only buffering s.

• Check under MOL (Mytvonline) [lexicon]Settings[/lexicon] -> HLG Start Mode is set to "normal" and not "fast". Setting "fast" is Buggy and produce only buffering s.

Hi
    It is set to Normal at monemt

• I had the same issues mentioned here and followed all the [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] here to avoid the buffering issues but it did not work.

the only way I was able to resolve it was by setting a static ip address manually in stead of the dhcp.

hope this helps you.

• I had the same issues mentioned here and followed all the [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] here to avoid the buffering issues but it did not work.

the only way I was able to resolve it was by setting a static ip address manually in stead of the dhcp.

hope this helps you.

Hi Did you set IP address to static on box or router

• Hi mate. The IP address was set to static using the manual option on the box.

you will also need to start the ip address numbering on the router after your box number.

so if your static address on the box is 192.168.0.30 start the dhcp pool on your router from 192.168.0.31

• Some updated info, regarding this buffering issue.
    I decided to give another try with this box, hooked it up, a couple days ago, in anticipation of the new software release, previously this was wired, only, now because of the location, its wireless.
    Channel surfing the last day or so, no issues whatsoever, both movies and tv played well, some minor buffering along the way, its nothing, compared to my previous report.
    Currently here the updated info:
    SW version v1.2.16, revision r13015, build 24-01-2018
    edit#1- forgot my speed, currently between 10 and 11 down, no change

Edited once, last by mexjerry ().

• Hello,
    I have the same issue with buffering. I have other apps my z27+, but I have no buffering as I have with mytvonline. my perfect player and progtv are working smoothly on my z27+, but my mytvonline is buffering and sometimes I had to shut it down. Is there any way one can update my mytvonline manually? because is really frustrating me. my firestick is working awesomely no buffering at all.

• MyTvOnline version v1.09.06-r1443
    The only method I'm aware of, is unplug, replug and when the box starts up, it checks for software updates.