Z7+ Audio Issues

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I have been using Formuler Z Prime for over a year and all was fine with both Video & Audio.

Two days ago I opted to upgrade to the Z7+ and when placing the same Raw Audio [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] as in my previous setup, my onkyo txl-50 just will not play any dolby, dts etc not from MYTVONLINE or KODI unlike my previous Formuler.
    I have tried changing all possible combinations to no avail.

The MYTVONLINE App will play in PCM when changing the config although though on KODI it just lags the video and the AV receiver will show PCM.

I have attached a completely different android box to the same AV receiver and placed all [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] identical to the Z7+ and the same video played on both machines would play perfectly on the other machine. I also tried playing the same file simultaneously in which case the AV receiver would just play in PCM, on turning the Z7+ off and reloading the file the other android box would play flawlessly in Dolby. :neutral_face:

Is this a know bug or should I just get my older Z Prime back? I would truly appreciate your assistance!

Well done on the Z7+ picture, it is noticeably more crisp and sharper! :smiling_face:

• Hello Andrea,

z7+ have issues that must be fixed, but it`s not always the box fault, you must change few [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] to get Dolby forwarding to AVR. please see attached Pictures and give us feedback.

1. Kodi and Chipset seams have some issue and this will take time to be fixed or find good solution for future.
    Acceptable solution: Please use meanwhile the Mediacenter on your Box that provide all Dolby, DTS etc . formats. See picture.
    2. MYTVO forward Dolby if signal is sended. Please see picture with "Audio Track", you can reach the menu with Red Button.
    3. Make your Audio [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] under Android like shown on picture, then should all forwarded to AVR. I tested all few min. ago, works very nice.

• Hi Sam,

Thanks for your time, regretfully none of the above have solved the situation, on another note the which has no relation to the above the back button does not relate well to in app applications. The back button works as exit whilst in the app, it responds fine in kodi but not whilst using an app.

I am thinking of replacing my box with S Turbo, are you aware of any conflicts with that machine and kodi?
    My interest are just two apps: MYTVO & Kodi, if you could give me your feedback with regards to this machine i'll replace the Z7+ with it.

• Sorry but can`t believe that Mediacenter doesn't forward all signals it works perfect.. On my Yamaha it works very nice, also MYTVO and DD no problems.
    Kodi is problematic and it seams there is issue with the chipset and Kodi interface, how ever it is something where i don't give up, push and want to see it in future well working. But for this must be first found right solution. Will take time..

If only MYTVO & Kodi are important then stay with Z7+, same chipset.

• To my knowledge the Media Centre would just allow me to share folders, videos, images etc from an external source (e.g. my PC) I browsed all the folders and nothing seems to give me the possibility of streaming the audio from Kodi which is found within the same Z7+. If anybody could explain this to me I would really appreciate it..... please.

Thanks Ians for getting back to me,

Andrea

• No need to apologies for anything, it`s support forum, you ask we answer if we can :smiling_face:
    Mediacenter has nothing to do with Kodi but Mediacenter supports all Audio formats, DD, DTS etc. like Kodi on other supported Machines.
    Where did you stored your Audio and Video files in Network? HDD, NAS, Network HDD, USB HDD, USB Stick? You must show Mediacenter where are your files stored for play and chose the right path.

• Hi.

I also had this problem. I changed every setting and every piece of equipment including tv.

I then decided it must be the box so got a replacement and it also does it.

Glad to see it wasn't just myself that got this problem but it has to be a softwarw issue within the z7+

I changed to SDR thinking it had fixed it but the noise came back. Same situation as you within terrarium and youtube but never mytv

Proof : http://sendvid.com/p1ro9sx8

Edited once, last by Rowan88 (January 27, 2018 at 11:33 AM).

• Hi

I also like to know how to select audio track and subtitles with the media centre.

I have Formuler Z7+. Also I do not have mediacentre in my app. From where and how to down load mediacentre.

I have the same audio problem. No DD or DTS through my AVR.

Thanks

• is this the only box of formuler that have the no sound problem at dolby digital 0.0?

But at some channels i have sound and its dolby digi.

Also codec installed by addon linker and also codec installed via mytvonline.

Edited once, last by Lucky133 (July 5, 2018 at 4:22 PM).

• is this the only box of formuler that have the no sound problem at dolby digital 0.0?

But at some channels i have sound and its dolby digi.

Also codec installed by addon linker and also codec installed via mytvonline.

Try to go into android options and change the sound settings there. I also had no sound on Dolby digital and now it works. Hope it helps!

• Try to go into android options and change the sound settings there. I also had no sound on Dolby digital and now it works. Hope it helps!

I had that settings yet...😃

But its waiting for an update.

I has to. Some channels no dolby. And some channels volume To control problem.

Hdmi output: auto

Spdif output: raw

Hbr: 5.1

Edited once, last by Lucky133 (July 6, 2018 at 5:43 PM).

• I've similar issues.

DD seems OK and the amp picks that up but DTS either plays silent (setting at RAW) or doesn't decode right (settings at Auto).

Also have issues where the amp needs to be restarted to get any sound..so seems the HDMI handshake is not up to scratch.

Had no such issues with the Minix or Popcorn before that.

Can only hope the updates bring fizxes eventually.

Beginning to feel I jumped too early on the Z7+ as the firmware is not really ready.

• Set like on picture and you will not have problems with no sound or volume control with Formuler RCU (of course the audio codecs should be already installed).

• Set like on picture and you will not have problems with no sound or volume control with Formuler RCU (of course the audio codecs should be already installed).

I have that options already.

But thanks a lot.

I have sometimes no audio on channel film1.

The audio source is then 1.english dolby digital 0.0

But sometimes i have sound as well with english dolby digital 0.0.

And sometimes this problem is also at dolby 5.1.

P.s. yes my Friends, i have factory reset my z7+ different times and with the addonlinker codec downloaded en rebooted my device.

What audio codecs?
    So are you suggesting that, out of hte box, the Kodi on the Z7+ cannot passthru DTS successfully?

I just want my AVR to get the raw sound and deal with it, the same way my older Minix and Popcorn boxes did with no issues.

Cheers.

• Official Post

What audio codecs?
    So are you suggesting that, out of hte box, the Kodi on the Z7+ cannot passthru DTS successfully?

I just want my AVR to get the raw sound and deal with it, the same way my older Minix and Popcorn boxes did with no issues.

Cheers.

If you want your AVR to decode everything, you don't need the codecs.

Set all Android HDMI and SPDIF sound output options to RAW.

If you still can't receive the passthrough signal, please use mediainfo or VLC and post the audio stream info as pictured below:

• Hi 175.

Are you looking for the media info of a particular file?
    My issue is with every file I have that is DTS or DTS-MA so the issue is not the files as they have always passed thru to the AVR via XBMC on the Minix and on the Popcorn Hour I had before that. They also were fine on a PC using KODI.

I'll go back and set the outputs to RAW ass you said, but I believe that gave me random no-sound issues with some channels in MOL and also some silent TV eps and movies in KODI.

Cheers for the help all the same.

Just to add, I installed the latest update just there, set the audio to RAW and I get perfect play from DD files but silence from DTS.

LPCM gives me audio from everything but the DD is losing out.

So back to Auto which passes DD fine to my AVR and DTS plays but isn't being received right by the AVR (it's like it is set to LPCM).

So, in my mind, DTS KODI passthru' is broken and I am hoping some future update fixes that as, otherwise, the box is excellent.

Edited once, last by Fozz (July 20, 2018 at 8:24 PM).

• Will check the DTS KODI passthrough.

Are you using any custom playerfactory or wrapper for KODI?

Hi there.

I'm not sure what that means so I'll say no :smiling_face:

I just am using the standard Kodi (17.6 I believe off the top of my head) and I enabled the passthru' in the settings there.

DD passes fine, DTS doesn't passthru and is like it is decoded on the box and sent as LPCM.

Cheers.

• Have the formuler z7+ only this "no audio" problem with some dolby streams? Or have the Formuler Zx and other formulers also this problems or maby not this dolby audio problem.

have you gotten a pop up asking you to install additional codecs? If so, click yes!

Also, if you’re still having issues go here and follow steps for manual install of the audio codecs (you may have to scroll down a bit):

Z Series Instructions / Z Serie Anleitungen

• Have the formuler z7+ only this "no audio" problem with some dolby streams? Or have the Formuler Zx and other formulers also this problems or maby not this dolby audio problem.

I tested it with the Zx.

Yes i got a popup for codec. I installed is. Reboot/restart device and same thing.

English Dolby digital 0.0 doenst work on a channel which is official a pc what play movies after each other.

So on Film1 channel was also a english dolby digital 0.0 and that worked wel.

So that channel that plays movies after each other is a computer. And only on that channel no audio if it is dolby digital 0.0.

Aac.5.1 and dolby 5.1 works well

• Try different HDMI cables and try a different TV port. Also, try changing TV settings, put it into game mode, remove any lag inducing processes that the Tv may have active, etc.

also, look at the attached pic (I didn’t feel like typing this out again :smiling_face:

• Try different HDMI cables and try a different TV port. Also, try changing TV settings, put it into game mode, remove any lag inducing processes that the Tv may have active, etc.

also, look at the attached pic (I didn’t feel like typing this out again :smiling_face:

Ok i have a Z7+ and have been running none stop this week i seem to still have an issue with Audio and what i have noticed is that any movie that plays audio in Dolby Digital 5.1 will no give me any sound i have tried different HDMI leads as well as sockets on my TV, i have also followed the steps you gave me above.. I ONLY use my IPTV on this which i have been using for a while now on my Firestick. So i plugged my stick in and the movie and the sound where fine so there must be some sort of issue with the box? Please help

• Official Post

Ok i have a Z7+ and have been running none stop this week i seem to still have an issue with Audio and what i have noticed is that any movie that plays audio in Dolby Digital 5.1 will no give me any sound i have tried different HDMI leads as well as sockets on my TV, i have also followed the steps you gave me above.. I ONLY use my IPTV on this which i have been using for a while now on my Firestick. So i plugged my stick in and the movie and the sound where fine so there must be some sort of issue with the box? Please help

Your box is connected directly to the TV using an HDMI cable?

Post which setting you are using in the Android > Sound > HDMI Sound settings.

• Update o this.

What I noticed is that my Kodi is actually missing the DTS passthrough options under System > System >Audio . Audio Passthrough.

The 'passthrough output device' is 'android, audiotrack' and is greyed out.

Only options are DD and enhanced DD under that.

So I see screenshots of that screen online and I see the DTS options would be there, but simply are not...so that's my issue I believe.

Anyone else see the same and any ideas to fix?