First couple of days use notes and issues

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Model: Formuler Z7+
    Retail Box or Provider Box: Retail Box
    Firmware version and date: v1.2.6 / 12/06/2017
    MYTVOnline version and date: v1.08.06-r1361
    Factory reset done and when?: yes

Have had the box for a couple of days now and for the most part, I am pretty pleased. Picture quality is top notch and I have not had the audio issues reported here. There are however a few issues that seem easy to address that really would make this thing awesome.

Firstly, while I realize that 100mb Ethernet is likely to be more than adequate for the purpose, how much could possibly have been saved by not including 1Gb, a couple of bucks? Just not smart, sorry. Which brings me to my first issue.

Wired into a GB network and with 200/35 ISP service that I can reliably test to the set limits, the formuler has been getting no more than 29mb down and 35mb up. While fine for most streams, 4k will seriously strain that level of performance.

I went into this knowing about the slow to load EPG and I can live with it, but cmon, how hard is it to cache the guide locally in the background, instead of requesting a page at a time?

Last thing that keeps this from being what it should be, is the pause/rewind live tv function. This is the killer feature the box really needs. Was fully expecting this feature and it could be a deal killer if not addressed.

Hope these items can be addressed in a timely fashion, as the product is very solid and just needs a bit of additional development to become best in class.

Thank you.

• I went into this knowing about the slow to load EPG and I can live with it, but cmon, how hard is it to cache the guide locally in the background, instead of requesting a page at a time?

If you belive or not, sometimes very hard if Provider does n`t use same protocols and [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] like well working Providers, there are so big differences between the Providers. Some open the EPG for all channels and some only partially or not at all, my last test of 3 different providers shows this result. Of course the speed and caching is something what need to be improved asap and it`s known. Is Users first choice here and i agree with this, engineers are looking for improvements.

Last thing that keeps this from being what it should be, is the pause/rewind live tv function. This is the killer feature the box really needs. Was fully expecting this feature and it could be a deal killer if not addressed.

You mean Timeshift on Z7+? Yes its working already on S Series without problems on MYTVO but on Z7+ have Timeshift some Bug. Engineers are already working on this issue and i hope we get asap some fix in this case.

• I will be very happy when fixes for these become available.

Is the poor ethernet performance something that might be fixed with a firmware update, or likely beyond repair?

I also neglected to mention the two hour power off nag screen. Really annoying at the end of a long movie to have a pop-up at just the wrong time.

Thanks.

• OK, performed the latest update which does not seem to have addressed any of my issues.

Ethernet speed still poor. 27mb down / 37 mb up
    Timeshift still not working.
    Guide no faster.

I am now running the following....

Firmware version and date: v1.2.16 r13015 01/24/2018
    MYTVOnline version and date: v1.09.06-r1443
    Factory reset done and when?: yes

Couple of curious notes about the process. After the initial reboot and firmware upgrade, there was also a software upgrade. After learning that timeshift was still not working, I thought to try another factory reset. Upon boot from reset there was an additional software upgrade. I also noticed that while the reset seems to have worked, (I had to reenter all initial [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] and reload apps), my guide channel favorites were retained across the factory reset. Not sure how things work, but that seems odd.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von getsoutalive ()