IPTVLauncher keeps stopping.

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Model: Formuler Z7+
    Retail Box or Provider Box: Retail Box
    Firmware version and date: 2.8.0 / Z7+ 1.2.16
    MYTVOnline version and date: 1.9.6
    Factory reset done and when?: Yes, I get sleeping android with red triangle mark and system reboots.

After upgrading my "IPTVLauncher keeps stopping" popup. Nothing happens on retry or exit. I tried to do a factory reset but I get sleeping android with red triangle mark and box reboots. How do I fix this or I need to send the box back?

It seems like the issue might have been caused because my VPN auto connect on start canceled the firmware update and completed the MyOnlineTV update first. However, after rebooting it seems like firmware was updated successfully but I get error "IPTVLauncher keeps stopping" popup.

Edited 5 times, last by naidu ().

• Official Post

Try to reset all under [lexicon]settings[/lexicon], both 1-software and 2- factory reset. Power off your box (power completely off) and then let the box check for updates. How ever FR after this update 1.2.16 should be done in any case.

• I can't get to [lexicon]settings[/lexicon]. As soon as box logs in there is a pop that says "IPTVLauncher keeps stopping" which I can't rid off. Also when I tried factory reset I get an android sign with a red triangle. When I look at the USB drive it creates LOST.DIR Android -> DATA -> com.google.android.gms folders but they are all empty. Any other suggestions? Are there any recovery tools available?

• Official Post

Try this:

-----------------------
    Manual Recovery

1. Format USB Stick with Fat 32 first.
    2. In USB root create new txt file and rename it to _recovery_facinit. Without file extension (.txt should be removed) and in your USB Root (/) should be only "_recovery_facinit"
    3. Insert USB in your Z Series Box
    4. Disconnect power (unplug the Cable) from your Box and power on again
    6. "!!! at the same time (important) !!!" , press CH UP on RCU continuously. Click CH UP button continuously,, clik clik clik clik ...... right after plug in.
    7. Android update animation will appear. (Stop pressing CH UP button now)
    8. it will factory reset with Android Logo if it works.
    A. If you don't see "android logo" and box boots like normal situation, there must be something wrong.
    (Please retry. maybe you can click CH up button before plug in the power)
    B. If you see "Android logo" with ERROR message, the box cannot be reset with manual factory and needs to be repaired.

* “_recovery_facinit” file will be deleted from the USB once it is used correctly for one receiver.
    To use for another receiver, you may want to create the file again.
    -------------------------

• Update: I was able to complete the update. Error seen above is caused when I put my Samsung 64GiB SD card and boot the box. Once I remove the SD card it seems to work fine. Anyone know what's going on here?

• Official Post

I have few different sd cards, will test this tomorrow and try to reproduce.

• Same problem Scandisk extreme micro Sd card 128 gb. Works fine with usb drive

Update : Working now with Micro Sd card . User error . After card was formatted to Fat 32 correctly it works fine . Im not used to windows 10 and was using EaseUS partition tool to format the card , wasn't clicking on complete to finish format

Edited 2 times, last by NYP ().

• Same problem Scandisk extreme micro Sd card 128 gb. Works fine with usb drive

Update : Working now with Micro Sd card . User error . After card was formatted to Fat 32 correctly it works fine . Im not used to windows 10 and was using EaseUS partition tool to format the card , wasn't clicking on complete to finish format

I was able to get it to work. I downloaded EaseUS partition tool formatted it to Fat32 with 64 cluster size it worked. When I got it new it seems like it was formatted to Fat32 128 cluster size using windows 10. Not sure if the issue was with cluster size or windows format tool (fat32 format).

• Official Post

Test procedure.

• FW - 1.2.16
    • MYTVO - 1.9.6
    • Software and Factory reset done under [lexicon]settings[/lexicon]. New install and set all needed.

Used sd cards.

• Patriot 32GB - Formatted with Fat32 - works fine
    • Sandisk 32GB - Formatted with NFS - works fine
    • Samsung 64GB - Formatted with exFAT - issue

For formatting devices like SD Cards and USB Sticks i use always only Rufus tool. Rufus 2.18 -> https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US
    Check Box activate only "Quick Format".

After 2 hours continues testing with 2 different sd cards and maybe >20 box restarts i was not able to reproduce the issue, not even once! Did Recordings, Timeshift, even scheduler Recording trough EPG and send box in standby, before the movie started the box goes ON and recorded. Must say this is the best MYTVO since beginning.

At end i took Samsung sd card from my old phone and formatted with exFAT. First all worked well and after restart i was finally able to reproduce the issue, only pull out helps. Ok, took the same card and formatted with nfs, works now very well like the other sandisk, even after 4 restarts no problems.
    Please format your sd cards again, with fat32 or nfs with Rufus tool but not with exFAT.

• Thanks, SAM.

• I had this problem with SD cards and USB hard drive. - it turned out to be a format error. When I formatted my SD cards and USB hard drive using Fat32 all fine again.

• Official Post

Yes, Fat32 and NTFS formatted works very well only exFAT makes problems. Should be fixed in next March Update.