Android 7 / Kodi 17+ wrapper [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] (playercorefactory)
Z7+ has issues with certain types of audio in kodi, so XBMC/ Kodi wrapper to make Kodi play some video using z7+ default media video player app rather than Kodi's internal player. Wrapper setup can be easily changed by editing a file on Z7+ called 'playercorefactory.xml'.
I have attached the file bellow for testing. Rename the files zip to apk and txt file xml.
The playercorefactory below is intended to be the current 'best' version for most .
It is designed to:
- Default play all video using z7+ video player.
- Play DVD using Kodi internal player.
- Play audio (music) using Kodi internal player.
- Play all streams/pvr using Kodi internal player.
It is better than the playercorefactory.xml pre-installed on firmware 2.0.6 because:
- It allows NFS streams to be played using wrapper.
Method 1 (using z7+)
- Install a file manager app like 'total commander' (my current favourite).
- Navigate to root/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
- Edit playercorefactory.xml (total commander has a built in file [lexicon]editor[/lexicon])
Method 2 (using a PC)
- Enable Samba sharing on z7+ ([lexicon]Settings[/lexicon] - More - SAMBA Service - Enable)
- Navigate to z7+on a PC and then to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
- Edit playercorefactory.xml using PC file [lexicon]editor[/lexicon]