XBMC Wrapper

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Android 7 / Kodi 17+ wrapper [lexicon]settings[/lexicon] (playercorefactory)

Z7+ has issues with certain types of audio in kodi, so XBMC/ Kodi wrapper to make Kodi play some video using z7+ default media video player app rather than Kodi's internal player. Wrapper setup can be easily changed by editing a file on Z7+ called 'playercorefactory.xml'.

I have attached the file bellow for testing. Rename the files zip to apk and txt file xml.

The playercorefactory below is intended to be the current 'best' version for most .

It is designed to:

- Default play all video using z7+ video player.
    - Play DVD using Kodi internal player.
    - Play audio (music) using Kodi internal player.
    - Play all streams/pvr using Kodi internal player.

It is better than the playercorefactory.xml pre-installed on firmware 2.0.6 because:

- It allows NFS streams to be played using wrapper.

Installation instructions

Either:

Method 1 (using z7+)

- Install a file manager app like 'total commander' (my current favourite).
    - Navigate to root/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
    - Edit playercorefactory.xml (total commander has a built in file [lexicon]editor[/lexicon])

Method 2 (using a PC)

- Enable Samba sharing on z7+ ([lexicon]Settings[/lexicon] - More - SAMBA Service - Enable)
    - Navigate to z7+on a PC and then to /sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/
    - Edit playercorefactory.xml using PC file [lexicon]editor[/lexicon]

Code:

• Hello,

all my media are on a NAS, all is working with the player of kodi, but I don't know how to set the XBMC wrapper to access the media of the NAS. I think it don't work or perhaps it is needed to root the Formuler, that is not a good idea...