Remote replacement

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi.

My kid ended up breaking the remote case in half. Although it still works I will need to get a replacement.

I was just wondering if you can use universal remotes for these boxes or do i need to buy a genuine formuler one?

Thanks

• Just wanted to mention it here for anyone searching, my Power button key is kinda flat or something so I quickly searched for a replacement universal remote with learning mode. I actually already had a URC-R6 which from what I read online is supposed to be pretty good but it could NOT learn 90% of the keys on the remote. I tried the Logitech Harmony 650 but while it did work it was too many bells and whistles I didn't need, all I needed on the TV side was a button to turn it on, volume on the TV (for Roku), and a Source/Input button. So I then found the Inteset 4-in-1 universal remote, it has a learning mode and can copy all the keys off the original Z7+, just took a second to find the learning mode in the instruction pamphlet and a few minutes to copy the keys over to it.