Formuler Z7+ - Dolby and DTS

• Thanks for all the information. As mentioned earlier, I had installed audiocodec exactly as per your instructions and left it there for more than 24 hours but MTO was keep crashing every 5 minutes or so. Every time home screen appeared and I have to start MTO again to connect to the server. I have two providers and it happened with both. So finally I did a factory reset and crashing stopped.

I can do it again so what should I do if it starts crashing again, just reset it or do you have any other suggestion. Thanks in advance.

• Hi,

There is no need to wait 24 hours. In regards to the mytvonline app crashing, you said you did a factory reset and issue went away. You need to now try to install the codecs again as factory reset can solve many problems and hopefully it will not happen again.

I cannot think of anything else other than try to install them again since you did a factory reset and the information given in my previous post about the volume high/low.

Also just for clarification you are able to install codec fine but after you install codec and whilst using mytvonline app it then crashes every 5 minutes or so? or do you mean every time you turned on box it crashed on home screen as you mention both in your quote and i just want to clarify where the crashing is exactly happening. As your post suggests it happens in mytvonline app after installing codec but then you mention homescreen.

• Hello it’s me again. As far as this codec thing I’m not tech savvy at all in fact I’m probably below novice if there is such a thing. Lol. I’m having trouble understanding these instructions. I am very sorry. Is there a simpler way to do this or can you please give me a easier set up instructions.? I am very sorry and thank you very much.

• Ok i understand. It`s eastern but i will take 2-3 hours and make today how to and full explain. Therefore i must also do factory reset etc. should be tonight online and calling " Audiocodec Install + DD/DTS"

• Thanks again droidbug. I have installed both Formuler and external codec last night and it is good this time, no crashing etc. So don't worry about home screen.

Now, my original problem is still there which is Volume leveling or fluctuation between changing channels and during commercials. I hope someone will help or come up with solution. Thanks again for the help and doing research for me, I have also tried everything and thought may be someone from Formuler Forum may have same issue and/or solution. Maybe we can open a new thread about it.

• Like promised here finally the how to for audio codec install -> Z Series Instructions / Z Serie Anleitungen

@FanZ7+
    Yes, please open new thread and name your equipment and how they connected in detail or post directly link to your TV and soundbar, if possible also the manuals from this two. Video that show volume leveling and fluctuation would be also nice, handy with small video quality but good audio would be nice and then upload to free Mega Hoster and post the url. We will try then to Help. By the way check also the Firmware from your TV + Soundbar and Update if some newer exist.

• Thanks again droidbug. I have installed both Formuler and external codec last night and it is good this time, no crashing etc. So don't worry about home screen.Now, my original problem is still there which is Volume leveling or fluctuation between changing channels and during commercials. I hope someone will help or come up with solution. Thanks again for the help and doing research for me, I have also tried everything and thought may be someone from Formuler Forum may have same issue and/or solution. Maybe we can open a new thread about it.

Hi FanZ7,

Do as SAM has said and we will go from there, also in meantime i assume you tried the following as previously mentioned. if so then follow SAM's instructions.

on formuler box go to cog (icon) > android > sound > HDMI Output > What is it on, auto? try RAW as this will send the raw audio to the soundbar to process, if you select LPCM i believe the formuler box will process the audio before sending it to the sound bar. I guess it depends if you want the formuler box or the sound bar to process the audio, if it on auto try RAW then LPCM and see if there's any difference.

If the above changes nothing and the volume is still high/low when switching between channels still then it must be a setting on your soundbar as there is no other settings to be able to try on the formuler box and your tv. Your sound bar is where i would be looking.

• Thanks Sam and droidbug. I have installed the codec as per your instructions but after reading Sam's instructions, I understand that if you have installed external codec then Formuler codec is not required (maybe I have understood it incorrectly), please clarify.

I installed Formuler audiocodec first and then external codec. As I have installed both codecs, will it make any difference or crashing issue etc.

I am using HDMI cable from box to tv and an optical cable from tv to sound bar. I have the option of using one HDMI cable from box to sound bar (IN) and another HDMI cable from soundbar to (OUT) to tv but sound bar does not pass through full 4K. I am not sure if I can mention exact model here.

HDMI output=Raw
    SPDIF output=Close
    HBR degrade output=Raw 5.1

TV HDR mode=Auto (in advanced setting).

• Hi FanZ7,

First you do not need the optical cable when using HDMI as HDMi supports transfer of both video and audio. You also do not need an additional HDMI cable from box to soundbar.

1) Connect TV to Soundbar using HDMI cable
    2) Connect formuler box to TV using HDMI cable

so:
    TV ----hdmi cable---- Soundbar
    TV ----hdmi cable---- Forumler box

-------------------

That is the most simplest and easiest setup and what i personally would do if it were my setup. Basically when you tell tv to now use soundbar instead of internal speakers, any devices you connect to tv via HDMI will have there audio come out through the soundbar, no extra cables necessary! :)

3) Go into tv settings and make sure your tv is set to use soundbar not tv interenal speakers
    4) I think these are rite -:

HDMI output=RAW (i think RAW sends audio output to soundbar in it's raw format) try LCPM if RAW does nothing, i keep mine on auto but i only use tv internal speakers)
    HDMI output= Only needed if using spdif (optical cable)
    HBR degrade output= not quite sure but i'd set to auto, then try other settings if no luck.

Also another thing, if using things like Kodi you will need to configure there own audio settings in app.

-------
    TV HDR mode= nothing to do with audio. Just a tip if you ever watch movies or anything like that and do notice faces etc looking very blocky/orange looking change TV HDR mode to auto SDR on older content, i have to sometimes as auto doesn't always choose best option.

• Followed the steps and downloaded the codec. Have to say, works like a dream! ONe little issue... it would be great if the information on the screen had dolby or so in it. But otherwise, it just works.

• This link is no longer working. I was able to find another link but there is no download button

Where can I download this file?

• Hi SAM,

The link to addon linker is broken. It returns a "page not found" message. Would you please an updated URL for downloading this file?

Thanks.