remind me feature does nothing when button is pressed and maybe bug

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi,

Everything is going fine so far since having my Formuler Z7+ box for 3 days, except odd little issues

1) When in the MyTVOnline app and viewing EPG, it shows to press green button to set a reminder, anyway when i press it nothing happens to show that i set a reminder, is this a bug or something that has to be supported by IPTV provider?

2) When you setup internet (wired network). [lexicon]Settings[/lexicon] (cog) > Ethernet > Manual configuration. If you enter an ip/subnet address for example in wrong format it causes IPTVLauncher to say 'IPTVLauncher isn't responding'. Then have to close app.

- Also not sure if intentional but when you enter all network info in and confirm, if you restart box then go back into ethernet > manual configuration it shows as though nothing was ever set manually, yet go to android > ethernet and all shows there no problem. Has not effect on internet connection but somewhat confusing i guess.

Possible bugs maybe? I did a factory reset as well.

Thank you

• Official Post

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

• The remind function works well on original Stalker servers and may work with xtreamcodes Stalker services.
    • Can you tell us which invalid inputs you used to cause the crash?
    • Will look into this. It is probably a bug that was overlooked because the number of people not using DHCP is very small these days

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Thanks for replying, only just noticed you posted never got a notification to let me know you replied.

Hi,

Thanks for the report.

• The remind function works well on original Stalker servers and may work with xtreamcodes Stalker services.
    • Can you tell us which invalid inputs you used to cause the crash?
    • Will look into this. It is probably a bug that was overlooked because the number of people not using DHCP is very small these days

1. Ok the remind me button does nothing, i assume it's provider specific?
    2. For 'IP Address' Any invalid private ip range, so try number 8 for example it will freeze etc as described. same for subnet any invalid subnet range will work and same for the rest.
    3) Ok, well i set static ip's on my local network equipment and at router level for multiple reasons, it does not effect internet connection or anything.

Thank you.

• Official Post
    • Yes. It is provider specific. But if this feature is working on a MAG box and not MYTVOnline, it is something we are interested in fixing.
    • I can't reproduce the issue with the following [lexicon]settings[/lexicon]:
      IP Addr: 0.0.0.8
      Subnet: 255.255.255.0
      Please see the linked video: https://goo.gl/VnaRGV
    • Reported to R&D. It should be patched later this Spring.

• 1. I do not have a mag box so don't know but use a mag url for MyTVOnline app, unfortunately pressing green button to use remind me does nothing.
    2. Crazy as happened everytime i did it yet today, i pinned it down further, enter a valid starting ip ie. 192 then try number 8 it crashed, then enter a valid ip ie 192.168.42.81 then go to subnet enter number 8 or an invalid subnet number and it will crash again, sometimes it then comes up checking for iptv updates and firmware updates. Video of problem: https://goo.gl/1jjmPp
    . ok cheers.

• 2. Linked video doesn't work.

google removed claming it violated there terms, bloody fools. link: http://bit.ly/2HDsPN0

I will remove video once viewed/downloaded as google spitting it's dummy out of the pram lol.

Also keep trying the remind me feature and still does nothing at all.

Cheers.

EDIT:

Video now removed as google complained about violation for some reason. Hope you downloaded/viewed it before i removed. If not will share again.

• Official Post

I was able to reproduce the Manual Ethernet Settings bug.
    It will be reported to R&D and patched later this spring.

Reminders are dependent on the provider.
    If the reminders are working on MAG/Emu and not in MYTVOnline, please let us know.

• I was able to reproduce the Manual Ethernet Settings bug.
    It will be reported to R&D and patched later this spring.

Reminders are dependent on the provider.
    If the reminders are working on MAG/Emu and not in MYTVOnline, please let us know.

@175n
    Ok i did a software reset and factory reset today and started fresh. The remind me does nothing as before. Both iptv providers use MAG url's, using mytvonline app obviously and pressing the green button does nothing, no remind me at all.

• Official Post

@175n
    Ok i did a software reset and factory reset today and started fresh. The remind me does nothing as before. Both iptv providers use MAG url's, using mytvonline app obviously and pressing the green button does nothing, no remind me at all.

Certain servers don't support the remind feature.

Use of a Mag URL does not guarantee proper function of the remind feature.

This is not a bug in MYTVOnline.

• As much as I agree with reminders are provider end based on mag stalkers, none worked on the z7+ As think no supplier had them
    set up

however I hate to name other brands, but the buzz tv xpl3000 reminders work in all portals i tried and it’s really a good feature, so maybe Formuler mayb be able to get it to work even if provider end it don’t?

• Certain servers don't support the remind feature.

Use of a Mag URL does not guarantee proper function of the remind feature.

This is not a bug in MYTVOnline.

Very odd though having a feature that seems nobody supports yet other boxes seem to be able to. I have just contacted provider to ask if there servers support it. Also where you say 'use of a MAG url does not guarantee proper function of the remind me feature?' how does one guarantee it then, sounds like a feature that does not work or ever will do anything, infact has anyone got it to work as it's seems a mystery.

Will update when i hear back.

• Does not work on my portal either. Remind me function works perfect with same sub on engima 2 box. Don't see how the provider has anything to do with it surely if the epg is populated and the time is correct it will just display a pop up or switch channel etc.

• Enigma2 is a lot different to a Stalker based box (cant compare in this instance at all)

You can also record as many as you want on Enigma2 (connections to supplier needed or multi supplier) but that has relevance to Stalker Portals.

MAG - No reminders
    Formuler - NO reminders
    Buzz - surprised me that all worked fine.
    (based on what portals I have)

Does that make Buzz better? no, as all these iptv based boxed have features some like and some don't. Bugs etc

However it could be worth Mods/Formuler Devs looking into it, as the similar boxes can do it (Buzz TV), so hopefully Formuler may look into it deeper.

• got a reply back from provider and at this moment they do not support but are working on a module. So at this time i will mark solved.In regards to the other bugs mentioned i believe they have already been reported??

Does that make Buzz better? no, as all these iptv based boxed have features some like and some don't. Bugs etc

To be fair nobody is saying the buzz is better and i never mentioned it, point is the mytvonline app only supports MAG urls and if MAG urls do not support 'reminder' feature then why does such a feature exist in the app when it's basically redundant.

• Official Post
    Quote from droidbug

To be fair nobody is saying the buzz is better and i never mentioned it, point is the mytvonline app only supports MAG urls and if MAG urls do not support 'reminder' feature then why does such a feature exist in the app when it's basically redundant.

Just because MOL get always new features which will work some day if not now, when provider set this or you use something else then stalker. Don't forgett m3U will also come :winking_face:

• I have the problem with the remind feature on my Z7+ as well in MyTVOnline. The green button to set a reminder does nothing. If I use the PerfectPlayer app, with the same IPTV provider, I can set a reminder and the reminder does work. I'm not sure why this thread is marked as "solved". It isn't solved.

Edited once, last by ron2005 ().