Update to MyTVOnline

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Official Post

The Z- series update is delayed for approximately 1.5 weeks. Reason is because following issues needed more time:

1. Speed up MOL Epg fetching routine
    2. Fix critical VOD playback bug
    3. Integrate m3u into MOL
    4. Integrate xtremcodes api into MOL
    5. Patch dvb subtititle bug in older z series

Full release notes with all bugfixes, improvements etc. will be available when the beta is released. This will come next week :smiling_face:
    After the beta was from us and others thoroughly tested and approved, will this come trough OTA for all. Should be 1 week later if all feedbacks are good.
    I know the people want solutions asap but some issues need time and in this case is hurry not helpfull, not for formuler and not for customer.

• Official Post

Z series have only Mol but S series Mol and dvb. From all changes and Updates in Mol profits both series.

• HI does MOL stand for MyTvOnline? Also if so does that mean M3u will have Tv Start up like MyTvOnline does? I am just wondering what update 3. Integrate M3u into MOL and update 4. Integrate Xteremcodes api into MOL do for Z7+ users?

Thanks in advance.

• Official Post

HI does MOL stand for MyTvOnline?

Yes

Also if so does that mean M3u will have Tv Start up like MyTvOnline does?

M3U support in MOL, means MOL will support M3U Playlists.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M3U

• I'm sure next it will be delayed by another 2 weeks, then a month... lol

Unfortunately some bugs get through and at times things don't work as expected. Sure they could release the firmware but then you will be on here complaining the new update has caused even more problems, it's a game of cat and mouse, simply put it's not quite ready due to the many changes made but will be worth the extra wait for a better and more stable firmware. As frustrating as it is, i certainly understand how you feel but when it comes to any type of development patience is key. Please don't take this as me having a go or anything as i am not just wanted to explain.

How can I get the beta version then.

It requires an invitation from staff, the beta is not open to the public to test.

• Edited from Moderator

I believe this information is only given to those who are invited as displaying this information publicly means anyone can install the betas and if a novice or someone decides to try this they could end up with more problems than they began with. I mean if people just install the beta without invite and something terrible happened to there device (ie. gets bricked, although very rare) or something else i am not sure Formuler would cover them under warranty as they did it off there own back without being invited officially to participate in the beta programme. Installing any Beta or Alpha software comes with risks.

I assume if allowed it's done at there own risk, i maybe totally wrong but they invite people rather than announce it publicly i assume is for this kind of reason. Someone please correct me if i am wrong.

Thank you.

• Official Post

I know the most people can not wait for fixes but to install beta and then maybe have more problems then before is not the solution.
    Second, installing beta, have problems and want support without message "I use Beta" is not helpful, it makes only big work for us and others !!
    There is a reason why Formuler give this data for few people and not public. In beta can each day change something but only Tester know the differences because they become all needed infos.
    Please understand, Support only for public version and not Beta! If someone use it then on his own risk!

• OMG! This is so funny now... lol
    I have seen @makiadi61 instructions to install beta basically when he posted it 10 hours ago and I thought, "nice, at least for those that are willing to install even with possible bugs, is nice to have the option at least"... and now... the instructions are gone and I didn't have the opportunity to memorize it! Oh snap... lol

But now seriously, if anybody that goes through the whole process to install betas, wouldn't be smart enough to now that are risks and bugs inherent from a beta!? More feedback from betas wouldn't help in debugging and actually release the final version sooner?
    Why not give the option and let the end user decide?

Just my 2 pence...

• OMG! This is so funny now... lol
    I have seen @makiadi61 instructions to install beta basically when he posted it 10 hours ago and I thought, "nice, at least for those that are willing to install even with possible bugs, is nice to have the option at least"... and now... the instructions are gone and I didn't have the opportunity to memorize it! Oh snap... lol

But now seriously, if anybody that goes through the whole process to install betas, wouldn't be smart enough to now that are risks and bugs inherent from a beta!? More feedback from betas wouldn't help in debugging and actually release the final version sooner?
    Why not give the option and let the end user decide?

Just my 2 pence...

to my knowledge formuler is not a massive company (i do not know though) so having potentially hundreds/thousands of people testing beta and sending feedback would probably be to much to handle as i think they are just a small development team and would likely be to overwhelming and could cause further issues. Plus many people will ignore the advice and install beta firmware anyway then demand help and assistance whilst providing very little information to go on and makes the problem even bigger.

• Official Post

Only today ask me 5 people trough pm how to downgrade, no one was from Beta Group. I think this say all.

• Edit.

Hi,

The information to install the beta should never have been posted and anyone who is not in the beta programme are installing the beta firmware at there own risk.

Formuler invite people by invitation only to avoid anyone installing the beta firmware which is risky in itself and can cause allot of problems for average users. I cannot see you in the beta group so i assume you installed the beta firmware based on the information that was temporarily posted by a user.

Information regarding issues currently ongoing in beta is meant to stay in the beta group so it can be tracked and discussed by the relevant people and then if needed passed on to the devs etc, there is a process to this for a reason and this is to ensure bugs are ironed out before an official release, unfortunately since the information was posted but now deleted average users have been installing the beta firmware and then demanding help and wanting to downgrade, the information that was posted only contained a fraction of the information needed so users are at a loss and not sure what to do using up valuable time, when that time could be being used to test the beta firmware further.

It's beta firmware for a reason and the issues you describe is exactly why Formuler use an invite only approach to avoid these kind of problems for it's customers and to ensure best possible experience when using there Formuler device. Formuler is aware of the issue and it is currently being tested in the beta group and why it's beta and not an official public release.

Please do not take this as me having a go at you just wanted to clarify the situation.

• Edited.

Edited.

I'm sorry but i never casted you as a nobody so not sure why you got that impression, all i stated was a fact about the beta being invite only because of potential issues if an average user tries to install the beta firmware. Also you never mentioned once you were a reseller or that you was given the instructions by your provider, problem is people post with lack of information and then expect others to mind read the rest.

You come on the forum with 1 post to your username yesterday in this thread, complaining about the epg not working on beta, i checked the beta group and you was not on it, you also never mentioned you was given the information by your provider. How am i suppose to know all of that if you do not give enough information when posting. I therefore cannot know you are a reseller and that you was told to do it by your provider.

If you are a reseller for these boxes then why sell them if you are not happy with it? i am not Formuler neither am i there developer, if you have issues with them take it up directly with them. I am just a customer like everyone else and have been having problems myself and been doing everything i can to help myself and others.

anyway i'm not here to argue with you or anyone else, all i do is come on when i have a bit of time here and there through they day reading threads and trying to offer help to others if i am able to do so.

• Official Post

@ Haydengoy
    Constructiv criticsm and feedback are always welcome, all others not and poisoned only the atmosphere. Resellers have more then one channel directly to Formuler to give they own feedback,
    criticsm or what ever, but to go public as reseller (like you say and i know from intern channel you never ordered Formuler boxes) and write such a things like not worth the money or criticise the devs. i think is not ok and very strange. Therefore is directly channel but you never had access to him! By the way in each your posting you named one other brand that should be better and naming other brands It's against the board rules.

@ droidbug
    You didn`t say anything wrong. Please continue your good work to Help in User to User style. You do very good job and are enrichment for all Forums. Thank you for your effort :thumbs_up:

@All
    New important thread again OFF TOPIC. In last time it happens more and more, just non productiv! Please stay in future on-topic otherwise we will close each of topic thread.
    Thank you.
    Thread closed