Buffering issues

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Mike, I changed to (Manual) Static but it doesn't make a difference for me. I have buffering on HD channels and on HD Catchup it is unusable. My connected speed is generally in the range 12-15Mbps.

The same HD channels are working flawlessly on WiFi on TV Mucho for both live and Catchup. Definitely seems to be the Z7+ that has some flaw.

Also the EPG is very slow to load as mentioned elsewhere.

• Mike, I changed to (Manual) Static but it doesn't make a difference for me. I have buffering on HD channels and on HD Catchup it is unusable. My connected speed is generally in the range 12-15Mbps.

The same HD channels are working flawlessly on WiFi on TV Mucho for both live and Catchup. Definitely seems to be the Z7+ that has some flaw.

Also the EPG is very slow to load as mentioned elsewhere.

SAM

Hi,

One more reason to Formuler fix the problem.

My connection on HD channels is between of 6Mmps and 8Mbps.

In 4K between of 12Mmps and 20Mbps.

Of course the speed depends on the provider.

I never test my box in Wi-FI Mode.

Cheers

Mike :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

Edited once, last by migasmike: add @SAM to conversation ().

• SAM

Hi,

I had open a ticket in Fomuler support, considering the problem of many users have about: "Buffering issues" (The same issue of this topic).

It´s seems the Formuler don´t wanna take responsibility of the Buffering issues on their Z7+ box.

Formuler Support response:

" Buffering issues are a provider/internet issue almost 100% of the time.

What provider URL are you using, and what is the providers website/contact info I will try to replicate your issue.

Sincerely,

Formuler Support "

Guys, i can say that i have another box, a cheap box from a Chinese brand and works very good, without buffering issues problems.

Sincerely,

Mike

• buffering issue isn't a box problem. probably the way you setup your box.

• Of course it's related with Formuler!

I've changed to static IP, it does work better. Sometimes when I open some channel it's freezing from the beginning and when I change to other and go back to the same channel, it works fine. It's clearly bug with the device!

As I wrote before, there's no issue when I use a different device with the same IPTV provider on same channels!

I've tested on my TV with Smart IPTV, my laptop with VLC, my phone with couple of Android applications and all of them are working fine.

• SAM

I agree 100%

i have made the same tests has you do and the conclusion are the same!

Formuler related problem.

Cheers

Edited once, last by migasmike: Add same @SAM to the post ().

• I've changed to static IP, it does work better. Sometimes when I open some channel it's freezing from the beginning and when I change to other and go back to the same channel, it works fine. It's clearly bug with the device!

Are you using m3u link or via portal?

• I have same problem loding loding this white cirkel loding. And have update to last firmware IPTV app. And i have

100 /100 mbit . I test to turn off z7+ and turn on and works better. But i can't do this evry Day. Turn Off and turn on.something is wrong. So please PM me if i can change anything.

• After new testings, I can tell now by disabling Network connection from the settings and connecting with WiFi, all the channels are working fine and they are even loading faster!

I will inform you if anything changes, but for now this fix may help someone.

I hope the Formuler team will look on the network drivers and test little more, so to fix this problem soon.

EDIT: Unfortunately when I zapping the channels, sometimes it buffers from the beginning and it's impossible to watch, so when I go to other and get back to the same channel, it loads fine.

Even with the newest firmware the issue is not fixed.

The previous 4-5 firmwares were great, such a shame I cannot downgrade.

Mevi

I've already tried with portal and m3u. It's the same.

Edited 6 times, last by emco83 ().

• I used to have the same issue mentioned here.

After changing DNS to 8.8.8.8 and a static IP, no buffering issues.

I’m not sure if one or another or both fixed the issue but definitely no buffering any more.

So it is not Firmuler issue after all, at least not in my case. 😉

• OK, I've switched back with LAN and I've tried with changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8.

The issue with zapping it's still the same like my previous post using MyTVOnline.

"when I zapping the channels, sometimes it buffers from the beginning and it's impossible to watch, so when I go to other and get back to the same channel, it loads fine."

I've already restarted the MyTvOnline app.

but, I've tested with STB Emu, Perfect Player and it doesn't have a single freeze at all!

• Have you tried a static IP?

• Hi eveerybody,

I have an issue while watching VOD 4K : everything runs smoothly during the first 30-45 minutes, then the buffering starts (frequency +/- 3 minutes)...

When I reboot the router or quit MytVonline and go back to the movie, it runs smoothly a few minutes and then buffering starts again.

Using a VPN or not , does not change anything.

My Z7+ is wired (Wifi is even worther), Static IP outside DHCP range. DNS switched to 8.8.8.8. Connection speed : 92 Mbps down .

Could a direct PPPOE connection help ?

Thank you for your help

• Hi,

My advise, open a ticket on https://support.formuler.tv/new

Formuler have to assume her responsibility.

Cheers