will not come out of standby mode (red light stays on)

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I love the z7 but I do not understand how you can release a product with this problem. The machine will not turn back on when it has been in standby mode.
    This means that EVERY morning i have to unplug and reboot the box.
    Are you going to have a fix soon?
    When is the next software update planned?

If not I plan to return the box and get something else.

:frowning_face: :question_mark: :question_mark: :question_mark: :question_mark: :question_mark: :question_mark:

• Well I managed to solve it until a fix what I do is hold the menu button and close all apps then Holt the standby button and choose power off I noticed when I do that and next morning open it , opens like I had it on standby

• Official Post

Formuler engineers are working on a solution for this issue.

A new software update will be released at the end of this month.
    We hope to include the patch for this issue in the coming update.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Same here. It sometimes does not power on using the remote from standby. I have to unplug then plug it. Can't wait for the update at the end of the month. As long as the EPG loads fast, I'll be really happy.

• Hi Guys, yes i have exactly the same issue, I have to power off and power on by removing the power cable. That said I love the box and really delighted that I purchased it. I like it so much, I recommended it to my dad. So he paid and his box arrived new yesterday, and it will not boot to setup screen, just flashes an intermittent small red light. (I have started a new thread for this issue) Looking forward to a update to fix my issue, and a response to the "will not boot from new issue" as well.

Many thanks to all involved with F7+ development, obviously some teething issues, but still an amazing piece of Kit and joy to use :smiling_face:

• Yes clearing all the apps by holding down the menu key then powering off with the power button works as a work around.

UPDATE!!!
    I am using ver 1.09.18 r1590 and it is still having the same problem on restarting (red light stays on and will not boot) Sam could you follow this up please?

• I've been holding back for about a month before i go and buy one of these boxes, but, the more i read on here about this box, the more i'm being put off buying it, as ive never had a androids box before, some on the issue i read about, seem a bit daunting, not switching on seems a very basic action for it to be giving issues, But will read on.......

Always look on the bright side of life :smiling_face:

Edited once, last by wullboy ().

• I've holding back for about a month before i go and buy one of these boxes, but, the more i read on here about this box, the more i'm being put off buying it, as ive never had a androids box before, some on the issue i read about, seem a bit daunting, not switching on seems a very basic action for it to be giving issues, But will read on.......

I have purchased 5 of these boxes now for myself and family and friends. None of them have had an issue with not powering on. There is a glitch about not coming out of standby that is corrected by setting the box to actually power off instead of going into standby. Formuler has also apparently fixed this issue in their current Beta that should be release in the next week or two to the public.

As with any piece of technology, there will always be lemons. I've read about a few people getting the box and it never properly operates. I've seen the same thing with any device, but its a pretty rare issue.

If you are planning to buy any type of android box with the intention of watching IPTV, you would be hard pressed to find one better equipped than the Z7+ in my opinion.

• Official Post

UPDATE!!!
    I am using ver 1.09.18 r1590 and it is still having the same problem on restarting (red light stays on and will not boot) Sam could you follow this up please?

Like i know is this issue firmware dependent v1.2.26 r 13997 and not from MOL. Try with factory reset, should be done anyway with this update. From beta group no one wrote it doesn't work!
    Please understand, we can not give any support for Beta, Beta is Beta and never complete except devs. and beta groups confirm together it works fine.

• Have had this box for less than a month now, have had to unplug and plug the power cord back in on a couple occasions in order to get the box to function, as of today, that solution no longer does any good. Power light stays red, no response when trying to use remote Is there anyway to do a manual reset on this box?

• Have had this box for less than a month now, have had to unplug and plug the power cord back in on a couple occasions in order to get the box to function, as of today, that solution no longer does any good. Power light stays red, no response when trying to use remote Is there anyway to do a manual reset on this box?

doesnt work for me either - it could be a bad device. I sent mine back and ordered another one