Feature request: Improve rewind, fast forward control in mytvonline

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hey

Just wanted to see if this is something that could be suggested to the devs.

When watching vod/on demand via mytvonline app, the rewind and fast forward is somewhat clunky. By this i mean to rewind or fast forward at a reasonable speed without going extremely quick is to repeatedly press the rewind/fast forward buttons, this is tedious and slow. Only way to do it fast is to hold down rewind/fast forward button and release, problem is this is then too quick and am noticing every time i rewind/fast forward it becomes a bit of a task either having to constant press button to go at reasonable speed or hold down button and then go too fast.

What i am asking for here is a setting that we could change the speed at which the rewind/fast forward operates at. with VOD you can choose external player, ie. mxplayer which has such settings.

Is this something that could be suggested and passed over to the devs?

Thank you! :D

• Hi,

With coming update will be fixed some critical VOD playback bug. I will contact you this days when the beta comes and we test in background. If the problem in your request still exist then we can forward this to the devs.

• Hi,

With coming update will be fixed some critical VOD playback bug. I will contact you this days when the beta comes and we test in background. If the problem in your request still exist then we can forward this to the devs.

ok, well i don't think it's a bug or anything just by design unless devs did not mean for it to be so quick. it's either repetitive pressing to go not too fast or press and hold and it flies through too quick. Either way look forward to this update.

• Do we know the date of the update? is it this week, next week, or no set date yes. Thanks in advance

There is no specific date just end of march. From what i know i would say within the next two weeks but could be totally wrong.

What one has to remember these are OTT (over the air) updates, if not tested extensively as soon as everyone put device in standby and then boot up there device, their device will update, that's great if all is ok but if there were a serious bug or issue with the update it could mean loads of unhappy customers and major widespread issues and potential dead boxes (yep firmware has bricked devices in the past although very rare i must say).

As much as we all want it, we don't want an update that could cause a major issue for everyone so best these things get tested before being released to the masses.

Update: (from another thread)

• We have enough people from forum and other groups worldwide are also testing. Update will come soon, just litle bit more patiance

• You can already change the FF/REW jump interval in MYTVOnline.
    VOD >> Start VOD >> Options >> Jump Interval

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.