Display issues

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • So I've been noticing that while I'm watching things on the Formuler Z7+ I'm getting these weird small red lines that flash on the screen. They are very small in height, but can be long or short but going horizontally across the screen. I happens mostly while watching something but through multiple apps MyTVOnline, Kodi, Perfect Player, Terrarium.... I have tried to swap out the HDMI cable and the connection my receiver but it still happens. It's really only noticeable in darker scenes on shows or movies, and it only seems to come up while using the Formuler. I don't see it through the FireTV box or other things hooked up to the TV. Anyone else having this issue? Is it just me? I can't take a pic or

• Does it also happen when not using apps? ie. on home screen, in settings? Do you find it only happens when doing more demanding stuff, ie. running apps (any app) not just streaming apps ?

This sounds like a graphics issue (hardware issue) or issue with the HDMI port or even the power adaptor if it possibly faulty, heat can also be known to cause these sort of issues. This is the kind of thing i have seen in the past when GPU is on it's way out or one of the above as i've mentioned, plus you already have changed the cable.

You could try a factory and software reset to just see if issue continues, try playing about with box, opening/closing apps, doing demanding stuff and see if it only happens when doing demanding stuff.

To test this you could download something like 'Antutu Benchmark' from market or google play store as this would put device under stress, if it worsened whilst under stress then i'd say hardware issue releated to GPU, although i know faulty power adaptors and overheating adaptors to cause this kind of thing to. Either that or a dodgy setting but doubt that to be honest.

• I can possibly see some on the home screen, but trying to find darting red lines on a mostly redish\purple screen is hard. It is more noticeable when watching video, but I do see it when I have the speedtest app opened....not just when it's running a speed test but just when the app is sitting and waiting to kick off a test. I can see it better because it's a black background.

I can try to use the benchmark tool and see if that does anything. I've also already tried to move the device so that it not getting excessively hot. I also might try to plug it directly into the tv to take out an extra step going through the receiver to take that out of the mix of things that could be causing problems. I was really hoping the next firmware might help out and it not being a hardware problem.

• Used Resolution and HDMI Cable 1.4/2.0? Do you see also white dots on black background? Please test also directly plunged in to tv.

• It's primarily red streaks that are going horizontally on the screen, but very random. Maybe I'll see if it shows up on video and attach it. I tried to run the Antutu Benchmark and got some results from doing the Test, but not sure what I'm really looking at. I tried to do the Stress Test too, I let it go for over an hour but it never gave me anything, it said it was still testing. I'm not sure how long that normally takes but it felt like an hour should have been good enough. I canceled it, maybe I'll try to run it again when I have more time to let it go.

• It's primarily red streaks that are going horizontally on the screen, but very random. Maybe I'll see if it shows up on video and attach it. I tried to run the Antutu Benchmark and got some results from doing the Test, but not sure what I'm really looking at. I tried to do the Stress Test too, I let it go for over an hour but it never gave me anything, it said it was still testing. I'm not sure how long that normally takes but it felt like an hour should have been good enough. I canceled it, maybe I'll try to run it again when I have more time to let it go.

Do not worry about the results, It's only a benchmarking app so results are irrelevant, the point was to stress test the box without waiting around to see if under load the lines got worse which would indicate a hardware issue. Also you can stop it at anytime, it does not need to be run for more than let say 5 minutes, sorry should have made that a bit more clear in previous post.

At this point if a factory and software reset does not work and changing the cable then i would be inclined to try another power adaptor as i know this kind of things happens with faulty power adaptors or overheating adaptors and other components, it's why i said test box using antutu benchmark to see if it worsens under stress.

Also another thing i forgot to mention previously is try another HDMI port on your TV and if you can i know it sounds a pain but do you have another HDMI cable to try? Do you have another tv to hookup the formuler box to? if yes please hook it up to another tv and please report if same happens.

If still no luck then i would at that point be inclined to still believe your box is faulty, hardware wise. firmware can cause this kind of thing to but i'm very sure it would be very widespread issue and apparent if it was that.