Flash Drive

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi popeye05,

Personally as you can buy them so cheap nowadays i would go for a USB 3.0 flash storage drive as the Formuler Z7+ has a USB 3.0 port, so to benefit from the higher speeds USB 3.0 offers you over USB 2.0 you would need a USB 3.0 flash storage drive.

Just note the formuler z7+ comes with 1 x USB 2.0 and 1 x USB 3.0 port.

If you buy a USB 3.0 flash storage drive then make sure you plug it in to the USB 3.0 port and not the USB 2.0 port on the Formuler Z7+ otherwise you will only get USB 2.0 speeds, usb is backward compatible, you could for example plug a usb 3.0 flash drive into the USB 2.0 port but you are then restricted to USB 2.0 speeds. The usb 3.0 port is distinguishable by it's blue colour coding.

Personally i like Sandisk myself and tend to go for the Sandisk Extreme usb 3.0 range, reasonable price and read/write speeds, always usually on sale on likes of amazon. I don't use USB flash drives on my z7+, i have a HDD plugged in permanently into the usb 3.0 port which stores all my media, and have a microsd card installed to use as default storage for android.

Hope this helps.

• Hi DroidBug,

Cheers for the info, I have used Sandisk for other stuff in the past and found them very good.

Just wanted to check first and make sure they were compatible.

I am thinking of buying the Sandisk Ultra Fit USB 3.0 Flash Drive 128gb...

Then could I use my other External Hard Drive 2 TB for other recordings...

Would that be OK...

Cheers

Popeye05...

• Hi popeys05,

Sorry for the late reply.

As long as it's a usb 3.0 or usb 2.0 flash storage then 99% of them will work. It's down to personal choice. I advise to not go for unbranded types and only buy from reputable retailers or sellers with excellent feedback on likes of ebay/amazon third-party sellers as there are many fakes and some even come with malware as a bonus lol (think ebay).

I checked out the one you are talking about, again it will be fine. One thing to note, i remember (check amazon reviews) that these very small usb flash storage drives generate allot of heat, so be cautious about that and if in doubt maybe go for a standard size one in same colour as your z7+ so the usb drive does not stand out when plugged into box.

Hope this helps.