Hi I'm a new user to the Formuler z7+. I'm used to basic Android boxes that have an APK installer should you wish to install an APK from an alternate Source other than Google Play or Market. How do I install an APK from a USB key on this device?
We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.
- 4. Instruction Articles
Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!
Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.
Actually, I found it under My apps.
Just for future reference.
With android you need a file manager to properly find anything, there is a basic one on the z7+ (and probably other formuler boxes) but i recommend checking out google play for a file manager that is a bit more functional.
1) copy apk file to usb stick (use a computer/laptop) to do this.
2) plug usb stick into formuler box
3) use the basic file manager built in or one from the play store and navigate to the usb drive
4) select the apk file and press ok on remote control to install
5) it will ask you to enable 'unknown sources' you need to enable this otherwise you cannot install the apk, it's a security measure to stop average users from installing apks outside of the google play store that could be malicious, also known as sideloading.
6) Now do step 4 again to install.
1) Install a browser on your formuler box
2) Open browser and enter url of the apk/file you want to download
3) Then browser will either auto download apk/file or ask you to save, choose to save if not auto downloaded
4) Now use file manager to go to usually Downloads folder and your apk, file or whatever it was you downloaded will be there.
This method is ideal if you have no usb drive or don't want to mess around with formatting a usb stick, copying file, plugging in to box etc.
Hope this helps.
Thx for description droidbug, labelled the thread as how to.
Please excuse me my ignorance .
What is a APK file. how it works and what are the advantages of having APK file in Formuler Z7+ ?
Should I install the file in my FZ7+ box?
please help me Sam or any body out there.
APK is short description for APP as file.
Thank you Sam for the answer.
This is a common problem with the andorid boxes and smart TV. though they have bigger size, the hardware and the function are not as good as the same smartphone, even compare to the low-end crappy phone. I use mi box2 and have to go to apknite store to install app since my chplay is broken. The key point here is the file manager as when you download app from alternative sources, they are most likely to be in apk file and you need to find its location on your store to do one more step is to run the file. I suggest using Profilecontrol.