microSD card to expand internal storage

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi sorry for late reply. So until then we can only record to internal with external device? How would a hard drive work? Someone told me I have to go in android settings and set it to SD card. I guess there is s setting in there. Thanks for all the help.

• Official Post

This issue was fixed and the patch will be available in the August firmware release

Then you can move your Apps if you want.

So until then we can only record to internal with external device? How would a hard drive work? Someone told me I have to go in android settings and set it to SD card. I guess there is s setting in there. Thanks for all the help.

Billgor i think you didn`t understand what was already written. You are able to record all the time to external drive, just format with NTFS and connect, reboot the box and you can start to record! Recordings can not be done to internal flash! Internal storage 8GB is only for OS, Apps, Updates etc.

• HI yoI guys thank you and sorry but yes I do get comfused with this stuff. Someone told me right now until firmware update I can only record with SD set to internal under android settings-storage. This is why I confuse myself so much. Lol. So for right now which way would be the most simple way for me to record until update as I’m sure I’ll need more help lol. And do we or not have to set up anything in ES file ( I hope not ),? Do I

Just change the android setting to SD as internal or the way explained above? I’m so sorry but it stinks being this bad at something lol. Thanks you guys for all the help. Take care. 😀😀

• Hi You guys we just tried the SD card and changed android settings under default storage and switched it to SD card internal but we don’t see anything. On ES I see where it says SD card next to internal in upper right side of page. We rebooted but don’t see where it’s doing anything with SD? Thanks you guys for the help. Appreciate it more then you know. 😀😀

• Hi You guys we just tried the SD card and changed android settings under default storage and switched it to SD card internal but we don’t see anything. On ES I see where it says SD card next to internal in upper right side of page. We rebooted but don’t see where it’s doing anything with SD? Thanks you guys for the help. Appreciate it more then you know. 😀😀

to record do the following: buy a USB key, format it to NTFS within windows, plug it into box, reboot box. Now you should be able to record. And press the ‘playlist’ button on remote to view recordings.

• Hi what is a USB key? Can we is just external hard drive 1TB or is the key way better? Can it be fat 32 pre formatted or pre formatted NTFS? We are scared lol because we’ve never done this. What is the easiest way to format and how? See I just stink at this lol. I tread somewhere a fella was using a 1tb USB is that the same thing? Lastly I have a tv sub that allows us to record different channels then what your watching. Will this way allow us to do this and I see people talking about putting on ES file to remove recordings Thanks again for your help and patience. We appreciate this way more then you probably realize. 😀😀

• I’m sorry I didn’t ask you if we want to record outside of the portal like in one of our tv subs would we then need like ES or something? My family would love to record something different then what they’re watching and a couple of our subs now have full recording features. That’s why we’re so confused too about this. Thank you again take care and be safe.

• USB key = external hard drive. Size doesnt matter, 32GB, 1TB, 2TB, they're all OK. When you plug it into a laptop/desktop, windows should recognize it. Meaning, go to where you see your C drive, your D drive, etc. You'll see the external hard drive there (it will be another letter, maybe a H drive or something like that). Right click on that and click format. Under 'file system' select NTFS, and then press start. Once it's done, remove it from laptop/desktop and plug into Z7+ box. Then reboot box and you should be good to go.

As for your other questions, lets leave those for later. Lets get you recording ONE show and NOT watching another show for now. To record a show and watch another you would need another app (MYTVONLINE does not support this). And honestly, no offense intended, but judging by your knowledge level I do not recommend trying to watch a show and record another. Sorry!

• Hi no offense taken lol. I’m well aware of this deficiency of mine. Lol. Had it for a while and it’s extremely frustrating. Anyway we have a 1 TB hard drive Fat 32 pre formatted. Since it’s pre formatted will it work and should do we still need to do anything on the computer? I’m also still confused because a couple weeks ago someone said I need to change the default storage setting but we can’t because there is no option like with SD card where you click it. It does show the hard drive in there and it’s already checked and can’t be changed. Lastly I’m just a little confused because does everything go in the hard drive since it would be default internal storage and can we clear the hard drive of unwanted stuff like you do with the box cache itself? Your correct I need to learn this before anything else. Lol. With the fire box and kodi I knew my way around really well but still trying to learn this!!!! Thanks for your patience and help. Very much appreciated. And I’m sorry about other post but I’m also still trying to learn this app😀😀

• Hello I ended up using a SD card fat 32. I then went into android settings and it’s now it shows shared storage. Wife didn’t want to buy HD until we use this thing that we had sitting around. Is this ok to do since they do say you can use SD card? Thanks for your patience with a NOOB like me. It’s frustrating. Take care. 😀

• Hello I just wanted to let you know too it shows SD card and it’s weird some of the apps not all give option to move to SD card or Shared Storage. Hope I’m doing this right. My wife doesn’t want to buy new one until we try this one which is new. Thanks again. Take csre

• Greetings,

I have put also a Micro SD card of 256GB bad tried to make has the default for the internal storage it funnie it mirrored the same thing has the internal flash drive on the Formuler z7+

I’ve insterted the SD card and rebooted the device and it doesn’t prompt me or ask me to format my SD Card my 8GB is in the red I’ve had to delete some programs why is it I cannot mount the SD Card has a internal drive for storage or when I install programs prompt on what drive I want it nstalled ? Can someone educate me has to why ?

Regards

Marko