Choppy recording

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi,

Can anyone help? When I record something is always choppy when I play it back.

I tried this on different channels but it always occurs, the channel is fine when watching it live but the recording is always skipping.

I tried formatting the HDD in both NTFS and FAT32, tried recording on the SD card, but always the same result.
    I also install the audio codec and tried playing the file on an external player (VLC), the video is always unwatchable.

is there a setting that I can try? please help

S/W version v1.2.16
    S/W revision13015
    Build date 04-24-2018

• It's a known issue with the current firmware that your box is on. Formuler is working on a new release to address these exact issues.

In the meantime, make sure the output resolution is set to 1080p on your Z7+.

Press the RESOLUTION button on the remote and select 1080p.

Restart MOL (MYTVOnline) and try again.

• Thanks for the reply iconiQ. I tried your suggestions.

it seems better after changing the resolution for the second time, still skipped but if I put forward and back the audio eventually synced up.

Edited once, last by Renex ().

• Only worked for the first recording, the second recording I tried is choppy and unwatchable again :frowning_face:

Praying for this to be fixed in the next update

• Official Post

Hi Renex,

there is something wrong with your MOL because this is not normal at all, recording and timeshift should work smooth. Now to do factory reset is maybe time intensive but next week comes official out and please do after install of Firmware and new MOL version, in any case factory and software reset. This should fix your problem. Before you do this, format your sd card and hhd again with ntfs or exFAT (works now error free with new Beta) and connect then.

• Hi Renex,

there is something wrong with your MOL because this is not normal at all, recording and timeshift should work smooth. Now to do factory reset is maybe time intensive but next week comes official out and please do after install of Firmware and new MOL version, in any case factory and software reset. This should fix your problem. Before you do this, format your sd card and hhd again with ntfs or exFAT (works now error free with new Beta) and connect then.

Hi @SAM,

I appreciate your insight to the recording/timeshift problem. However, I've got 3 Z7+ boxes and each box does exactly the same thing with choppy/stuttering playback after recording or timeshift. All boxes have been Factory Reset at least twice, then all factory installed apps updated, followed by choosing a software reset, and all have a USB3.0 Hard Drive (currently NTFS but have tried FAT32) connected to the USB3.0 port.
    This has been mentioned in other parts of the "internet" so I've just chalked it up to a firmware problem and am patiently waiting for the next public release to arrive.

Love my Formuler!!!

• Hi Renex,

Hey Sam,

I had this problem from the start and reset my box twice before.

I will follow your instruction when the update is released.
    I have one question, is MOL updated with the firmware update?
    That would mean I just have to restart the box and it should auto-update right?

@'iconiQ hopefully this is resolved with the next update. If not, keep in touch if and give a shout if you find a solution I will do the same if I manage to make it work.

• Official Post

I will follow your instruction when the update is released.
    I have one question, is MOL updated with the firmware update?
    That would mean I just have to restart the box and it should auto-update right?

Yes. You should also check the version nb. after update.

• I too have suffered from choppy feedback, even after the latest upgrades to firmware and MOL. After much troubleshooting it appears to be an issue mainly related to device speed. I cannot get any USB 2.0 device to play properly so I ordered a USB 3.0 and also a microsd card. Both still gave choppy playback!

The USB 3.0 came with FAT32 as the standard format so I reformatted in exFat. Success! Now the playback is pure from the USB.

Sadly the microsd card was already exFAT so no solution here. It seems I should have ordered a faster card. I went for a Sandisk Ultra 64GB but I think it's not quick enough. I have now ordered the Sandisk Extreme Plus so hopefully will have two options soon.

I will report back when it arrives.

One associated question though... How should I eject the USB or microsd? I cannot see an option to do this and every time I try to remove them they get corrupted and have to be repaired on my PC.

• Official Post

One associated question though... How should I eject the USB or microsd? I cannot see an option to do this and every time I try to remove them they get corrupted and have to be repaired on my PC.

Android -> Storage settings then klick on arrow, see picture.