EU vs NA Version Forumer Z7+ Question

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi guys again Best product out there done intensive search and Z7+ by far is the best please keep it one step ahead of all others :).

I have been getting mixed information I am like 99.9% sure I am correct but I would love for all doubt to be gone since I do refer the box to everyone I know being it the best.

So as far as I know after checking like every single site or place of information on the Formuler Z7+.

That the only difference between the EU vs NA version is: EU version comes with a Learning Remote/IR Extender (No Wifi Dongle) .... NA version comes with W2 Wireless Dongle/Non-Learning Remote (No IR Extender). Both come with Internal Wifi and are Compatible plus Bluetooth (with Stub only).

Some people are telling me the EU version has 5 Ghz internal wifi every place I checked this it says it does not and that it also has bluetooth without stub built in not just compatible ... Can you please clear this for me. That if they both are the Exact same thing just that the NA one comes with W2 Wifi Dongle/Non Learning Remote and EU one comes with Learning Remote/IR Extender but no W2 wifi dongle.

Again Thank You so much Formuler Team. The new update is superb btw.
    It is a great hit with everyone I have reached out to so far everyone is loving it. Please always be one step ahead of every other box out there :).

• Official Post

EU version have built in Wifi + Bluetooth and learning RCU.
    NA version Wifi dongle and non learning RCU.

• So just to recap and confirm.

NA version does not have wifi but comes with a Dongle and Non Learning Remote

EU version comes with internal wifi, Bluetooth, Learning Remote and IR Extender.

Also is the EU internal wifi 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz or both?
    Is it the same as the W2 wifi dongle at rated at 600Mbps 2.4/5.0Ghz if not what is the difference and which is better the EU internal wifi or the W2 dongle?

Thank you all for taking your time to reply just want to let others know as well.

• Official Post

NA version does not have wifi but comes with a Dongle and Non Learning Remote

EU version comes with internal wifi, Bluetooth, Learning Remote and IR Extender.

Yes that is correct.

• Awesome guys Thank You to all SAM you always give great support, Mevi and Sean.. So as I see it if you need Wifi it is better to go with the NA version with W2 dongle since you have 2.4/5 Ghz plus up to 600 Mbps. If you have no use for Wifi then the EU version since it comes with the Learning Remote, Bluetooth and IR Extneder. Great options guys specially since you can get acessories stand alone.

Is their are way to find out which Wifi speeds can the EU version handle just out of curiosity? Should be the last question :smiling_face:

Slowly am learning the full potential of the Formuler Z7+ it is a fantactic product and want to give accurate information to everyone I advise it is the best indeed. Please keep the Formuler Z7+ a few steps ahead of all these inferior boxes nothing comes close to it right now. Just Amazing!

• Official Post

Is their are way to find out which Wifi speeds can the EU version handle just out of curiosity? Should be the last question

802.11 b/g/n - max. 100 Mbit. You can also buy the Anker 1Gb. Usb hub and use ethernet with 1GB speed -> https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Portable…s/dp/B014ZOJX7W

• SAM you are Amazing. Thank You so much for replying to all my questions will update everyone. Have an amazing time till next time guys.

Please let entire Formuler Team know that the Z7+ is just WOW and please always keep it ahead of all others just like it is now. :).

• Official Post

@NewToIPTV
    you`re welcome :winking_face:

@Fanz Z7+
    Seanns linked the proper thread and yes this particular USB Hub from Anker is the one with full support, included drivers into firmware and tested from Formuler. Several users on forum have this hub already in use. Ask in linked thread for feedback, i think they will write something.
    Most adapters containing the chipset "RTL8152/RTL8153" will also work, because of same driver. If you find some other USB 3.0 hub with 1GB Ethernet port, then check first if this have chipset "RTL8152/RTL8153".

• I'm hardwired into the EU version of the box with a 120mb/s connection that I can verify via wifi on my phone. I have never gotten anywhere near that speed while testing on the box (I think 60 mb/s is about the max I've gotten), nor do I need it. I have no idea why anyone would spend money on a Gigabit adapter for this box. Its pointless. If you are getting a consistent 20-30 mb/s+ on the box through a LAN connection, you have more than enough speed to watch whatever you want. I suppose you could download apps a bit faster but I've never had an app take more than a few seconds to download as it is.

Now, if we are talking about wifi, I can understand wanting to have the wifi dongle to ensure that you are getting the strongest, most consistent signal available to you. I have a Z Nano that I use in the basement on wifi and I've never had an issue with the internal wifi, but its also a TV that I only watch occasionally. If my main TV was on wifi, I would probably buy the dongle to be sure I was getting a strong, consistent signal.

• Thanks @seanns32 and SAM.

I am using Ethernet connection with Z7+ and have no issues. The only reason, I want to use gigabit hub to take advantage of my gigabit speed when using a VPN. I am not sure whether it will help to get better speed or not as VPN's are very slow (using Windows based computers). I have VPN with lifetime subscription and want to use it on Z7+. Any comment please. Thanks.

• Thanks @seanns32 and SAM.

I am using Ethernet connection with Z7+ and have no issues. The only reason, I want to use gigabit hub to take advantage of my gigabit speed when using a VPN. I am not sure whether it will help to get better speed or not as VPN's are very slow (using Windows based computers). I have VPN with lifetime subscription and want to use it on Z7+. Any comment please. Thanks.

That's actually a valid question. I don't use a VPN, so I don't know exactly how they work. My understanding is that you will always be limited by the VPN server, so logically it would follow that the speed you are achieving without a VPN would not matter as long as it was more than the VPN would generate. So, if you were getting 100 mb/s without VPN and the VPN slowed it to 30 mb/s, it wouldn't matter if you were getting 1000 mb/s without the VPN, it would still be slowed to 30 mb/s. At least, logically, that's how I see it. I don't believe a VPN diminishes your speed as a percentage of what's available, I think its whatever limit is on that server at that time.

Perhaps someone with a better understanding of VPNs could chime in?

• Official Post

Manosteel you are almost right, it depends in first line who and where the VPN Server is (there are differences between 10% and 40% speed lose in some cases. I use results from some good test site!). The point is, you can use 1GB Ethernet local but it depends at end from your ISP how high your net speed will be.
    Example: If you get 100Mbit (12.5 MBs.) from ISP, then use bad VPN server, it could be that at end only 60MBits arrive to your box. On 50Mbit ISP then 30Mbit to the box. If the VPN Server is good and all others like ISP, local network works great, then you should expect 5-15% lose of speed. Much higher ISP speeds like 200 or 400Mbits with VPN, means higher lose.

For the Box and 4K content stream is all over 25 Mbit perfect.

My opinion, i don`t like VPN for streaming. Why? Because you have one server more between you and your provider that encrypts your data with unknown protocols. Nobody can guarantee that on VPN Server and encrypt some data packets are loosed and you have at end buffering in MOL.

• Official Post

I'm hardwired into the EU version of the box with a 120mb/s connection that I can verify via wifi on my phone. I have never gotten anywhere near that speed while testing on the box (I think 60 mb/s is about the max I've gotten), nor do I need it. I have no idea why anyone would spend money on a Gigabit adapter for this box. Its pointless. If you are getting a consistent 20-30 mb/s+ on the box through a LAN connection, you have more than enough speed to watch whatever you want. I suppose you could download apps a bit faster but I've never had an app take more than a few seconds to download as it is.

Now, if we are talking about wifi, I can understand wanting to have the wifi dongle to ensure that you are getting the strongest, most consistent signal available to you. I have a Z Nano that I use in the basement on wifi and I've never had an issue with the internal wifi, but its also a TV that I only watch occasionally. If my main TV was on wifi, I would probably buy the dongle to be sure I was getting a strong, consistent signal.

This is valid in the realm of internet streaming.

Some users do local streaming from a NAS or local media server of very high-bitrate content - (RAW Bluray, etc). A gigabit adapter paired with a gigabit router/switch would serve someone well in this case.

Others are just power-users/tinkerers/gear-whores who want to squeeze every bit of performance out of the box. :grinning_squinting_face:

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• The question I have is this:

Which is faster....the internal wired internet connection or the W3 external antenna using 5G? I am playing with a problem because my ISP can only provide me with max 15Mb/s down and 1 up. I occasionally get freezing on the wired connection. I just removed the wired connection and am now using the W3 external USB antenna on 5G to see if freezing stops. I have yet to get a freeze since I made the change 30 minutes ago. I will report further later.

• Of course the Ethernet connection will be faster (do a simple speed test, install FAST or Speedtest.net on your formuler box).

If you’re getting freezing on your connection, it’s could be due to an issue on the incoming line from outside (i.e. an ISP problem) which will effect both ethernet and wifi equally. Another potentially reason for the connection freeze could be your router. I suppose there could be an issue with your router which could effect one of the LAN ports on your router, and thus causing freezing on your Ethernet line. Maybe try different LAN ports?

But in any case, Ethernet>wifi every day.

• the Wifi is working freeze free. I'm running a w3 external antenna at 876Mb/s while the cabled only does 10/100 Mb/s so 100. No like I said, I have not had a freeze on the wifi setup. I think the 1 Gb/s usb/ethernet connector might be valuable to kill some of the freezing