VPN on Formuler

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • hey everyone,

has anyone installed a VPN app on the formuler Z7+ box (whether it be the nordVPN app, torguard app, PIA app, etc etc whoever your provider is) and once connected to the VPN have you see good internet speeds? I have a 120mbps and without the VPN I see the expected ~94mbps speeds (ethernet port is limited to 100mbps), but when I use a VPN i get anywhere from 5-25mbps. The issue is, when I install the same VPN service on my desktop I'll get much higher speeds, around 80-110mbps.

So basically my questions is, has any body installed a VPN on the formuler box and get 'good' speeds? i.e. similar speeds to what you'd get if you installed VPN on a powerful computer? I'm thinking perhaps the Formuler H/W struggles with the VPN encriptions?

I've tried installing the VPN directly into the Android OS but it always fails to connect.

Any thoughts/tips/comments are appreciated!