May/June Update

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• My Z7+ is still slow and laggy with the new firmware.

It’s slow to change channels and the EPG is either too slow to load, or never loads.

Perfect Player and ProgTV are able to pop up an EPG within a short time of booting up.... what are they doing that is different?

• my friend who all of a sudden experienced severe buffering after the latest June update did a Favtory reset and he ‘thinks’ the buffering is gone. He needs to test more. I guess it’s not a bad idea for you guys to do the same, ie do a factory reset and see if your issues get fixed.

I’m also lending my friend the USB to Ethernet adapter I use on my Formuler to see if that changes things (using various speed apps, my friend and I both see funny speed test results on the Ethernet port)

• Thanks Sean Im happy to see its just not me, If I use stb emu i get no lagging. If the factory reset works I'm willing to try it, this box was rock solid until this last update.

definitely give it a try, do the factory reset. It definitely fixes a lot of issues that people can have from time to time

• Have to say the latest beta and offocal update have sorted any issues I had regarding epg. I'm convinced the channel switching/loading are quicker too. Only problem I encounter is the slow remote response within the whole interface not just MOL.

I press the enter or up key etc and sometimes it reacts instantly other times I have to wait a second then press again, seems clumsy

I am using the Ir extender also!!.

Overall it's a solid improvement and much appreciated.

• I have done a factory reset and it seemed to work a little better, atleast I can watch tv now. I did another factory reset and I did not install the new firmware update to see if it gets better. I have also done my mothers and I haven't got a call in over an hour so thats a good sign. Except for the guide loading quicker i had no complaints from the old software. Fingers crossed :smiling_face:

• sorry forgot to mention the slow WiFi and wired speed still shocking. 40mbps of lucky on 76mbps connection with wired connection!!

This is an ongoing issue tho.

Regards

Turboelvis

yeah I have a 120mbps connection and I get vastly different speed results on the box using apps like FAST.com or speedtest.net. I’ve basically stopped listening to these results and just assume something is wrong with either the box or the apps and move on :smiling_face:

• wired connection has some "problems". i have also a 120mbps internet but the box gets only 30-40. When i give a static ip than its between 30-40mbps. about the wifi... do not try it.

for the wifi i bought a usb wifi antena with 5ghz. with it i get full speed 120mbps on the box :smiling_face:

• I have zero issues with my wired connection. I have 1GB speed and pull 97MBPS ever test I run. I can deal with a 3MPBS shortage. I read in another thread so I will pass this on, if you are using a Cat 6 cable try changing it to Cat 5E.

• Well the test failed it didn't make much difference, sean are you referring to use a usb to ethernet adapter to solve this lagging issue?

no Ive personally never had serious buffering issues. What I have had is weird and inconsistent speed test results from certain apps + Ethernet port. When I use a usb to Ethernet adapter the internet speedtest results start to make more sense (this adapter also gives me access to the full 120mbps I pay for where as the Ethernet port is capped at 100mbps).

Maybe try loading your IPTV provider onto Kodi or another android app? That way you can still use the formuler box but avoid MYTVONLINE which it sounds like is giving you issue

• Okay Sean, I have used Kodi and stb emu and the providers work fine, its something with mytvonline or the software update . The reason I got the formuler was because of that service and the fact it works are like a cable box. Well i hope the next update fixes whatever this one buggered up.

• Okay Sean, I have used Kodi and stb emu and the providers work fine, its something with mytvonline or the software update . The reason I got the formuler was because of that service and the fact it works are like a cable box. Well i hope the next update fixes whatever this one buggered up.

yeah hopefully they find a fix, i know it affects a decent number of people. In the meantime, check out IPTV Extreme or ProgTV or PerfectPlayer. These are all popular android apps which you can install on your box to view your IPTV. I agree with you though, MYTVONLINE is the prettiest and best (when it works)

• Hello all

Just to inform you that i ve exactly the same issue with volume when the audio is DD 5.1, hope you will find a fix soon.

I ve tried all settings possible in audio config ( lpcm) but nothing change .

I ve my formuler plug in HDMI into my AVR Marantz then HDMI output to my TV .

• Hello all

Just to inform you that i ve exactly the same issue with volume when the audio is DD 5.1, hope you will find a fix soon.

I ve tried all settings possible in audio config ( lpcm) but nothing change .

I ve my formuler plug in HDMI into my AVR Marantz then HDMI output to my TV .

So I also had this issue for the longest time (on channels which are DD 5.1 the volume couldn’t be changed via formuler remote). The ‘fix’ for me was to change the audio output format from auto to LPCM (for HDMI). So now when I watch a channel with DD 5.1 the volume can be changed via the remote. BUT, I think a sacrifice of this is that where previously my receiver would display ‘Dolby Digital 5.1’ on it’s front display, I now only get ‘Pro Logoc II’ which is also a Dolby spec but not as good as DD5.1. And I’m not even sure if it’s true 5.1 sound. So although I can now control volume, the ‘quality’ of the sound may be of less quality now. But it’s a trade off I’m willing to make.

Note that my setup is same as yours (formuler HDMI out to receiver, and then receiver HDMI out to TV)