Recording question

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Will Z7+ support this?

1)Ability to schedule future recordings with or without EPG (just based on time). If i schedule a recording say for the next day from 12 noon to 1 PM, will the box "wake up" and do the recording? I will not be home that time.

2)Both Mac based and M3U

3)Take external storage as internal (USB flash drive)

• For 3.) we waiting for fix from chipset manufacturer. When we get fix from them then will be this also possible.

• Good morning,

My native language is French and I use an online translator to translate, thank you for your understanding.

1) When you record a programme, can you watch another channel at the same time?

2) Do we know when we record a program we know how to use timeshift to resume the program at the beginning while continuing recording?

3)What is the procedure to follow to record a program without epg to record it manually i.e. by choosing the start time and the end time?

Thank you so much for your help.

• 1) no

2) don’t think that’s possible with this box

3) I’ve never tried it, but maybe you’d have to be watching the channel and then press record? Not sure you can schedule a recording without an epg

• 1. Recording and watch multiple streams are not possible at moment.

There are also one big problem with multiple streams. If Formuler include this feature into MOL the users without multiple stream accounts (on 1 line) and this are the most users, would be all the time be banned from provider. In clear words, you get new feature but also new problem.

2. Timeshift start with "play" button and record watched channel until you change the channel, then this starts again from beginning and create new timeshift file.

Example: You watch one channel for 15Minutes (with timeshift on) and want to see what happen on Minute 5, in this case you can work with the arrows < > on the joystick to change the time line.

Please see also this video -> Formuler IPTV-MYTVOnline Video Anleitungen / Formuler IPTV-MYTVOnline walkthrough videos

3.Like seanns already wrote, only instant recording or scheduled recording with epg timer. I hope the devs. include in future MOL extra timer.

On instant recording you can for now only change the recording time with pressing the record button again.

• Les

1) no

2) don’t think that’s possible with this box

3) I’ve never tried it, but maybe you’d have to be watching the channel and then press record? Not sure you can schedule a recording without an epg

Thank you for these explanations

Thank you for these explanations

Yes I hope that in the next firmwares we will be able to choose the time of departure and the time of end because sometimes we have no epg.

Edited once, last by fredpg1966 ().

• I tested a recording with epg by putting it 7z+ in stand by, it turned on well to start recording, but unfortunately it told me this: impossible to record the stream.

Thank you for your help.

• yeah I think I had that issue also, and a reset (not a factory reset) was enough to fix the issue. But only temporarily. ie I was forced to reset box every time I wanted to do a recording.

• yeah I think I had that issue also, and a reset (not a factory reset) was enough to fix the issue. But only temporarily. ie I was forced to reset box every time I wanted to do a recording.

Thanks for your answer, I managed to record a program with epg by putting myself on another channel and there it automatically switches to the channel whose recording is programmed with epg, however if I want to record a program with epg while staying on that channel, there it does not work, it tells me impossible to record this stream.

• Les

Even after a simple reset? And make sure it’s not a channel with catchup

I didn't do a simple reset, doing a simple reset means that every time you have to start all over again like putting the portal, but the problem is for example during a football match there is often extra time and with the programming with the epg we don't know how to increase the time except when the recording has already started, so that means that if you're not at home you won't see the end of the football match

• no by simple reset I mean unplug the box and turn it back on. That fixed the recording issue for me (but I would have to do that every time I wanted to record).

But I agree with your other points. I believe the developers are aware and are looking to improve recording. In my opinion when you press record a menu should pop up asking you how long the recording should be, etc. In other apps like IPTV Extreme you can set it up so for all recordings they will begin X mins before start time and end X minutes after end time. This is beneficial because IPTV always has a 1-3 min delay

• Les

no by simple reset I mean unplug the box and turn it back on. That fixed the recording issue for me (but I would have to do that every time I wanted to record).

But I agree with your other points. I believe the developers are aware and are looking to improve recording. In my opinion when you press record a menu should pop up asking you how long the recording should be, etc. In other apps like IPTV Extreme you can set it up so for all recordings they will begin X mins before start time and end X minutes after end time. This is beneficial because IPTV always has a 1-3 min delay

Thanks for that explanation, but I'll try recording two programs in a row on the same channel to see if I still have this problem.

• Soon will come next MOL Update with "Can't record this stream" fix and few others. Little bit patience and also this issue will be fixed.