M3U8 vs MAG on MYTVONLINE

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hey guys, I’ve been using my MAG based subscription on the z7+ box for many months with no problems but now that MYTVONLINE supports M3U8 type subscriptions I’m interested in switching , mainly becomes it gives me for flexibility on how/where I can watch my IPTV content.

For those who have tried both, or switched over to M3U8, any noticeable differences? Better? Worse?

Thanks in advance

• I like M3U better...runs faster, epg takes a sec to load but not bad...and the epg seems to be more accurate this way. Plus you could run it through xtream editor to tailor it to your needs,

dreamer

• I like M3U better...runs faster, epg takes a sec to load but not bad...and the epg seems to be more accurate this way. Plus you could run it through xtream editor to tailor it to your needs,

dreamer

great thanks for info. So no noticeable difference with regards to quality of signal/channels, and no increases instances of buffering or anything like that?

• No quality differences, or buffering...I find it boots into the portal quicker since it loads the EPG while channels are playing...like I said, you could run the M3U through extreme editor and fix that VOD sorting, but it does cost money,

dreamer

• Hey guys one last question. For those using the M3U based subscription to watch on MYTVONLINE, do you still see the identifying icon (red and white) for channels which offer catchup? I’m still on MAC subscription and I see the icons just fine, but my brother is on a M3U sub and he doesn’t see any red icons identifying a channel with catchup (were using the same provider).

Thanks in advance.

• Catchup isn't supported in m3u mode.

There is no standard implementation or documentation for it.

If a standard implementation or protocol is published, maybe it can be implemented in a later release of MYTVOnline

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Possibly, devs could look at how it's implemented in Perfect Player or ProgTV.

Is catchup available with Perfect Player when using m3u + xmltv?

If so, can you pm me some screencaps of how it is implemented?

• Not notifier that I know of. You must open the menu while on the channel in epg and if there is catchup, Archive will show in the menu. No catchup for that channel, no Archive in the menu.

• Thanks for the info.

Will look into it