formuler z7+ mytvonline keeps buffering

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • i am having trouble with buffering. updated box to latest firmware, then did a factory reset. reboot, update box to latest software/firmware still the same buffering issue

got a mag device and a dreamlink t2, both seem to have no issues at all. they working fine with no buffering at all.

please help.

• Hello

Why are you talking about the lan port?

You know something wrong about buffering with lan port ? Wifi is normally not recommended for iptv

• This is what happens for me......

I have a gigabit fibre connection when using the Lan port I get buffering which shouldn't happen but when using USB wifi adapter no buffering at all

I have other android boxes Z7+ is the only box to buffer when using the Lan port

• +1 here, WI-FI adapter does about 40-45Mbps download and 40Mbps upload which is good enough, LAN port which should be better than that on the other hand is only giving me 25-30Mbps max download and my full 40Mbps upload, . I've tested the LAN on the same line I use on my desktop (desktop does 400Mbps) and it still only does 25Mbps.

• Although I do not have buffering issues, I can confirm that I see weird speedtest results when using my LAN connection. I bought a USB to Ethernet adapter and the speedtests are now more realistic and I remain buffer free

• i have found a temporary solution for all the buffering, need to test it more to confirm if this works all the time.

go to the channel that is buffering, while watching the channel, restart your box, now after the restart, the channel seems to work fine if you don't change channels.

i am also noticing another issue now, channels that would change instantly, now they are taking extra time(1-4 seconds depending on channels) is this a provider issue or more of a isp issue?

• Doubt it would be an isp issue (seeing as you used to have fast zapping of channels and now you say you don’t). I have two providers loaded onto my Formuler box, one of them has much faster switching/zapping. So I think a lot of it is related to the provider.

Regarding your buffering theory, if after you restart and your channel is now good, if you go to another channel will it also be good or be buffering?

• I too am getting this now and again. Someone mentioned the crazy speedtest results too! I have results of 92 down, then 6 down, then 30 down, then 5..... this is via the ethernet cable direct into my Fibre box. Really weird!

• Doubt it would be an isp issue (seeing as you used to have fast zapping of channels and now you say you don’t). I have two providers loaded onto my Formuler box, one of them has much faster switching/zapping. So I think a lot of it is related to the provider.

Regarding your buffering theory, if after you restart and your channel is now good, if you go to another channel will it also be good or be buffering?

no, from what i tested, the buffering comes back once you change channels.

right now it seems like might be a driver issue with the ethernet port?

• so i have found partial success,

i put a cooling fan under formuler and it seems to help as it buffers a little less and i keep restarting the box whenever buffering is really bad and then it works fine for a while.

however the main issue of buffering all the time still exists, however i thought this might help some, as it helps.

• so i have found partial success,

i put a cooling fan under formuler and it seems to help as it buffers a little less and i keep restarting the box whenever buffering is really bad and then it works fine for a while.

however the main issue of buffering all the time still exists, however i thought this might help some, as it helps.

Sounds like your box is faulty.

• Anyone know how the links are served through MAG? I know for sure I buffer more on my Z7+ with my IPTV provider when using &format=ts, the little signal bar will actually show 0-1 line using ts. Once I change it to &format=m3u8 I will then get the full 3 bars. This is using MyTVOnline, so I'm thinking MAG also serves out the same &format=ts links with no option to change that. That's just my guess as to the buffering problem with MyTVOnline and using MAG vs ts/m3u8 links.

And also, there is definitely something going on between the router and the Z7+. Using DD-WRT on my router with VPN under OpenVPN Client would actually not allow my Z7+ to boot up, stuck on the starting circles, it was just a random thought that the router caused it and I disconnected the LAN cable and the Z7+ booted up fine again. Right now I'm using the VPN on a SECOND router still under DD-WRT but using the L2TP method instead of OpenVPN Client, and that has no problems and I get a very nice 90Mbps.

• Sounds like your box is faulty.

i dont think so. the buffering is not 24/7. but just enough to cause issues while watching. another mag box does nt have issue. dreamlink t2 also has similar but very little buffering compared to the z7+

Anyone know how the links are served through MAG? I know for sure I buffer more on my Z7+ with my IPTV provider when using &format=ts, the little signal bar will actually show 0-1 line using ts. Once I change it to &format=m3u8 I will then get the full 3 bars. This is using MyTVOnline, so I'm thinking MAG also serves out the same &format=ts links with no option to change that. That's just my guess as to the buffering problem with MyTVOnline and using MAG vs ts/m3u8 links.

And also, there is definitely something going on between the router and the Z7+. Using DD-WRT on my router with VPN under OpenVPN Client would actually not allow my Z7+ to boot up, stuck on the starting circles, it was just a random thought that the router caused it and I disconnected the LAN cable and the Z7+ booted up fine again. Right now I'm using the VPN on a SECOND router still under DD-WRT but using the L2TP method instead of OpenVPN Client, and that has no problems and I get a very nice 90Mbps.

my mag box on same network, same provider same everything works just fine while my formuler will be randomly buffering. Mag not even a single hiccup.

• another thing i noticed after comparing is that the mag box is set to 30 seconds as buffer, and that seems to work great for online as well as VOD content. if i pause the VOD it continues downloading it and a light grey bar shows that, just like youtube progress bar, however formuler doesnt seem to do anything when you pause it.

i hope this will get implemented in formuler box as well.

• I am having the same buffering problems, using 5 different iptv providers, and none of these issues on my MAG 254 and Buzz XL boxes.

I am really disappointed as formuler z7+ was better in terms of interface and overall look/feel than these boxes, however I am tempted to give up because of these issues.

• Hello,

I buy 3 Formuler Z7+, 2 of them have no problem, zapping perfectly, everything very good, however 1 of them have this problems you guys are talking ...

Always alot of buffer in zapping, sometimes it even breaks.. completely freeze, impossible to zap basicly...

I tried everything, factory reset, another iptvs.. LAN, Wifi, everything.. i just get the conclusion that some boxes have defect!

The tests was the same for the 3 boxes, only 1 with this problem...

I got 35Euro boxes that perfom better then this... its just disappointing to buy something for 100Euros and have this problem... i was lucky to get 3 so i could find that was a hardware problem of the box..

What garantees can i have that the box will perform good in the future?
    Does Formuler even test the boxes before selling them?

I work in hardware and software areas, i cant say anything for sure, but is not only MyTv Online... its the full system is slow, and i can see delay in some parts of menu... my conclusion is that they put very cheap Memorys in this boxes, and some of them are broken...

I just learn the lesson, this was my last purchase from Formuler, from today i will not trust Formuler anymore.

Hope i help some of you..