Wifi stopped working, why?

• When I first got my Z7+ the wifi worked just fine. After some time it stopped and I don't know why?

The antenna (W2) has the blue light on and the Z7 shows all the available networks but when I select "Connect" after about 15-20 seconds it says

"Connection Failed". For this reason I think it is the box itself and not the antenna. Also as I said, It use to work just fine.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated as I am considering buying a New box.

Oh wifi is on in the menu as well.

• My do the same when name of 2.4 and 5 Ghz band was same. Then I rename 5Hz, and I saw both band id separately. And I cannot connect to 5Ghz band, but easily connect to 2.4 Ghz. I think receiver cannot connect to 5 GHz at all, may be some antena problem because 5 GHz shows very low signal in menu.

• Problem that when name for bands are same, receiver prefer to connect to 5 Ghz, but cannot and after sometime drop connection and start connecting again. That is why I am suggesting to use different names for bands in 2-bands router.

P.S Oh sorry, this is for Z series. Mine is S-mini, but may be it is same issue.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Philanthrop ()

• My do the same when name of 2.4 and 5 Ghz band was same. Then I rename 5Hz, and I saw both band id separately. And I cannot connect to 5Ghz band, but easily connect to 2.4 Ghz. I think receiver cannot connect to 5 GHz at all, may be some antena problem because 5 GHz shows very low signal in menu.

Not an issue with the Formuler receiver.

If you connect 5.8G USB dongle to Z or S series device, you can connect to 5.8GHz APs.

Check and replace faulty USB WiFi adapter or move WiFi AP closer to device and retest.

5.8GHz has less range than 2.4GHz. Not Formuler's fault, it's the law of physics and properties of electromagnetic radiation.

• I am not sure what you mean exactly but I have 2.4 and 5 Ghz and both have different names and it won't connect to either one.

I even tried a cell phone as a "Hot Spot" and it won't connect to that either.

• So even my usb supplied antenna has the blue light and it can find all the available networks, do you think that it could still be defective?

Most likely.

You could try to plug the USB WiFi into your PC to test functionality just to be sure.

• Most likely.

You could try to plug the USB WiFi into your PC to test functionality just to be sure.

Sorry to be computer illiterate but my laptop has a built in antenna so could you explain how to test it please?

I do have a desk top computer as well if that's the one I should plug it into and see if it will pick up and connect to my wifi?