2.5 Sata drive

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hello. I connected a 2.5 Sata drive to the blue USB port using a cable. The stb is recognising the drive and I can see it in the file manager. I can also record and use timeshift. The only thing I can't do is choose this drive as the default storage device in the android settings. I formatted this drive as exFat. The only other option I had was ntfs. Is there a solution for this please? Thanks.

• Use NTFS always, it just always works. Right now you CANNOT use an external device as the default location for stuff like apps, etc. You can only use it for recordings. An update in ~August will provide us the ability to use an external device to install/store things such as apps onto external device.

Timeshift = catch-up. ie your provider will continuously record some channels so that you can go back in time and watch them. You don’t need an external recording device to do this, but it only works with MAC based subscription currently (won’t work with an M3U subscription). Channels that have catchup are identified by a red icon when scrolling. Note that this is all applicable to the MYTVONLINE app only.

• I am using m3u on mytvonline and I am using timeshift. Timeshift for me is when you pause a channel to go and do something else and then return to your channel exactly where you left off. I think what you are referring to is called catch up.

• I changed it to ntfs but it is still not showing in the default storage device. It's very strange since I can record and watch the videos from it.

• I changed it to ntfs but it is still not showing in the default storage device. It's very strange since I can record and watch the videos from it.

hey i think I could have been clearer earlier. So right now when you plug in a USB key (or similar), you're only going to be able to use it for recording. And you should always do NTFS as this has been the most reliable with the Z7+ box. As for using a USB key for other aspects (installing apps onto USB key, etc), there is a bug affecting this and it should be fixed in ~ August

• The only thing I can't do is choose this drive as the default storage device in the android settings

You don`t need to do this even if shown, because the system use automatically your hdd for recording and timeshift after mount.

For change to default storage seanns32 already wrote the right info.