troubles and questions about memory usage and android apps etc

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • hello, i am new at this forum and also a new android box user ...

i am satisfied with my new formuler Z7+, but i have some technical issues and problems ...

First of all, my internal memory seems to be full, i only have 251mb internal memory available ?

strange because i have only installed 3 apps : perfect player, netflix and iptv extreme

now the update of google play can not start because of memory issues ?

i installed an external disk drive of 2tb and is working well

i also installed a MicroSD memory card and selected this as standard storage space

but that didn't help

i assume that installing those 3 apps should be possible on such a android box ??

regarding those apps :

netflix does not launch properly, i need to kill the app and restart ... i already tried different versions of Netflix app (the one from market does NOT work at all)

i installed iptv extreme because there seem to be several problems using epg with mytvonline ?

my provider delivers my epg in XML.GZ format and mytvonline does not recognize that ?

nevertheless , the IPTV extreme app seems to work well with EPG in format XML.GZ

are there some issues i need to know using and configuring Z7+ ?

many thanks in advance for every feedback or assistance

kind regards Luk :)

• Change back to standard internal storage and you will be able again to install apps on internal flash. There is chipset bug from board manufacturer and this fix will be available in August firmware.

i installed iptv extreme because there seem to be several problems using epg with mytvonline ?

Is fixed now and if portal send all epg data the box show it now.

my provider delivers my epg in XML.GZ format and mytvonline does not recognize that ?

nevertheless , the IPTV extreme app seems to work well with EPG in format XML.GZ

M3U is new on the box, so there is place for improve. XML.GZ format issue is known.

• Hi Mevi, thx for your advice but i prefer to use factory reset as a last resort :)

Hello Sam, also thx for your feedback and advice :thumbup:

concerning your advice :

"Change back to standard internal storage and you will be able again to install apps on internal flash. There is chipset bug from board manufacturer and this fix will be available in August firmware."

I started the setup and configuration and installation of supplementary apps (netflix, iptv extreme ) with the android setting to standard internal storage ...

But because google play couldn't update installed apps anymore because of sufficient memory (251mb), then i tried to change it to microSD storage but that didn't help at all

i don't understand at all how a chipset bug can cause my memory problem ? i think the standard internal memory is insufficient to install and maintain several apps?

So, i repeat my question and worries, is it normal that after installing 3 small app's the internal memory is almost full ?

Regards, Luk

• Hi Islander, thx for your feedback :)

My provider only gives an url-path where the file is located, so i don't even mention the EPG file.XML.GZ but only the url-path

but i will communicate with my provider hoping he has a solution without GZ-format and with .XLM

• No it`s not normal and therefore i try to explain what could be the reason. Like i already say moving apps from internal to external memory don`t work proper, therefore will come with next August update some fix for this, then you will be able to move most of all your apps to external memory, like USB Stick or SD Card. I must confess i don`t see any big advantage of this, because first the external memory is much slower and second on internal storage is with 5GB enough place for many Apps. Ok if you use some app that produce and saves big data then i can understand the move, but for normal Apps is internal flash the better choice and much faster then external.

Here are some screenshots and settings where install of any app, internal, external or with Google play works like it should. If the problem with Google still exist after change, then please check under Apps the settings from Google play app.

• hello Sam,

Many thx for your feedback

In the mean time i discovered what my memory problem caused

The internal memory of 5Gb should be enough form most of the android apps as you already explained

Because i could not record in MyTVonline using an EPG guide, i installed ITPV extreme app which could well work with EPG

Later, after i read your post, i discovered that my recording DATA was stored in the internal memory part and not on my USB HDD

After I moved my recordings to my USB disk, i had again lots of free space in my internal memory

Concerning my EPG issue, my provider offers EPG in XML.GZ format

The IPTV extreme app has nog problem with this file format and therefore i can use the EPG guide

But the MyTVonline app seems not to recognize the .GZ format

I even tried to first manual download the EPG.XML.GZ file and then extract it to an usb stick, and then refer to the USB in MOL but this does not solve the problem ...

Earlier you said that the EPG issue in combination with MOL is solved, so what do i wrong in MOL ?

I am certain that my provider delivers a good EPG because it works well in IPTV EXTREME app, even in .GZ format

Grtz Luk