EPG help new user very confused

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi folks I have searched but not found info and very confused now and need some guidance.

I have a subscription with a IPTV provider but MYTVONLINE seems to not pick up any EPG info.

I am not sure I am missing something or not. I keep seeing posts about M3U files etc.

I guess my question is should the EPG just populate or do I need to add something to make it work.

• Hi folks I have searched but not found info and very confused now and need some guidance.

I have a subscription with a IPTV provider but MYTVONLINE seems to not pick up any EPG info.

I am not sure I am missing something or not. I keep seeing posts about M3U files etc.

I guess my question is should the EPG just populate or do I need to add something to make it work.

do you have a MAC based subscription or a M3U8 type subscription? If it’s M3U8, did your provider give you two long URLs which you then put into MUTVONLINE when doing initial setup?

• Official Post

Sometimes your MAC portal provider may not be sending EPG data to the client due to outages or maintenance.

If you have verified that the EPG is in fact working on the same MAC portal interface with a different device, you should clear the EPG cache in MYTVOnline and check the EPG mode settings. Sometimes if the mode is not set correctly, the EPG data can be shifted and make it look like there is no EPG data.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I'm using m3u method to connect to my provider and their EPG link is supposed to be p2.xml.gz. I have been having no EGP for a week or 2, and today I find out on Reddit that others couldn't get their EPG loaded either. One person had a solution, simply to remove the gz off the link, and that worked. But that is an uncompressed EPG, so instead of the 22MB EPG in gz format I get the 78MB xml. So did the recent update break it being able to read a compressed EPG in gz format?

• Official Post

I'm using m3u method to connect to my provider and their EPG link is supposed to be p2.xml.gz. I have been having no EGP for a week or 2, and today I find out on Reddit that others couldn't get their EPG loaded either. One person had a solution, simply to remove the gz off the link, and that worked. But that is an uncompressed EPG, so instead of the 22MB EPG in gz format I get the 78MB xml. So did the recent update break it being able to read a compressed EPG in gz format?

No. This is a known feature request.

Support for compressed EPG formats will be introduced in the late August software update.

We are continually improving and extending the m3u functionality in MYTVOnline.

On a fast internet connection, the time required to download the uncompressed vs the compressed archive is negligible.

Also, the compressed archive is decompressed in the set before it can be parsed, so it takes up the same amount of storage regardless.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• No. This is a known feature request.

Support for compressed EPG formats will be introduced in the late August software update.

We are continually improving and extending the m3u functionality in MYTVOnline.

On a fast internet connection, the time required to download the uncompressed vs the compressed archive is negligible.

Also, the compressed archive is decompressed in the set before it can be parsed, so it takes up the same amount of storage regardless.

Ah, ok. Thank you for the info. So for the moment it's an easy fix atleast in my case, others might not have the same luck if their provider doesn't have an uncompressed file available somewhere.