No Bluetooth compatibility

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello

I have a Formuler Z7+ that I absolutely LOVE. But I would love it much more if the Bluetooth would work. I have tried two different dongles now, to no avail. I’ve looked at other threads about it on here, but found no answers. I saw an admin suggesting one particular dongle tonuse that does in fact “work”, but then another user pointed out that it actually didn’t work either.

So what is the answer to this?! Perhaps a firmware update would be in order, to fix this once and for all? It’s terribly frustrating for us to have to type everything on the terrible remote, and I’m sure most of us would appreciate being able to connect via Bluetooth to a keyboard.

Thanks.

• Hi,

Please list the USB adapters you have tried.

Links to the products you have tried will be helpful in identifying the chipset used in the particular devices.

As an alternative, If you have an Android smartphone, you can download the AirSync Remote Z app from the Play Store.

It has a built-in keyboard that will allow you to type more easily.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• I also would like to know how to make this work if its possible. As instructed in another thread I bought the 8510 chipset bluetooth dongle for my Z7+ but it doesn't appear to work. I can't get the bluetooth setting to say anything but disabled. Suggestions?

Edited once, last by 49erfan1971 (August 16, 2018 at 10:06 PM).

• I also would like to know how to make this work if its possible. As instructed in another thread I bought the 8510 chipset bluetooth dongle for my Z7+ but it doesn't appear to work. I can't get the bluetooth setting to say anything but disabled. Suggestions?

The CSR8510 is only compatible with Z/Prime/Plus models.

For Z7+, you need the WiFi+BT combo chip : RTL8723BU

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.