DD and DTS

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hallo

Ich habe auch das Problem, dass weder DD noch DTS von meinem Receiver (Denon AVR 3313) erkannt wird. :frowning_face:

Ich versuche vom NAS über den Z7+ auf mein Heimkino 5.1 zu streamen. Ich verwende dazu Kodi media center.

Passthrough und RAW habe ich aktiviert, aber nützt alles nichts...

English version:

I have a problem that neither DD nor DTS is recognized by my receiver (Denon AVR 3313).

I try to stream from my NAS over the Z7+ to my home cinema 5.1. I use Kodi media center.

Passthrough and RAW I have set respectively activated but did not help.

Cheers

Side

Edited once, last by Sideshow (September 1, 2018 at 1:29 PM).

• 175n Thanks, will try!

Any (better) alternatives to Kodi media center? Main use case for me is a nice media center where I can browse my AV content on my NAS.

Btw. MediaCenter does not recognize my NAS in the network... :frowning_face:

• 175n The built-in File Browser does not show the mounted NFS share on the NAS...

But with Kodi and also with SPMC I could access the NFS shared video folder on the NAS. But passthrough did also not work. :tired_face:

MediaCenter -> UPnP -> Diskstation -> Video just shows empty folder

But "MediaCenter -> UPnP -> Diskstation -> Music" shows all my music content

• Great, DTS HD MA works now! Thx.

But works now only via NFS share with the built-in File Browser. :thinking_face:

None of the other options work:

- MediaCenter

- Kodi

- SPMC

Like this it makes little sense to operate the box. :frowning_face:

• Hi. You probably need a custom wrapper (playercorefactory.xml) for KODI/XBMC/SPMC to get the passthrough working correctly.

The custom wrapper is needed to tell KODI to use the native VideoPlayer in the box instead of the standard KODI player.

Unfortunately I'm not a KODI expert so this is all new to me

I looked around for information pertaining to a usable wrapper for the Z7+, but could only get to this point:

sdcard\Android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\files\.kodi\userdata\playercorefactory.xml

This doesn't work. Looking at the logs, there is a problem when calling the native VideoPlayer, com.hisilicon.android.videoplayer

This would be a good starting point to get a working wrapper however.

My works is based off of a thread from futeko.com , but like I said before, I don't claim to understand the meaning behind all of this.

ians325 also has found a way to get the passthrough working apparently.

How To The Default External Player with Kodi, so All The Audio Codecs work

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• 175n Many thanks for your help and efforts!

To me it's absolutely incomprehensible that such a thing doesn't work without any problems...

A box that is considered as the best media player nowadays able to handle 4K picture resolution but lacks HD sound compatibility?!

That it doesn't even work with the built-in MediaCenter can't be true in the year 2018. I'm pretty disappointed. :frowning_face:

I'll fallback to my WD TV Live box which streams my video content from the NAS without any problems.