Will Android 8 be available on Z7+

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • HI

I just have discovered the formuler product through the web, ... so my question may seems strange to you

As there is a formuler Z8 announced I am wondering if the 7+ model will ever run any android 8 version ?

But maybe my question is not a real issue, as I do not know if Android version (7 or 8 ) does have any impact on the use of a formuler for IPTV only !!

Thanks for lighting my way

Edited 2 times, last by Facel ().

• The android version is only really important for comparability of apks, so if all you are wanting to do is run IPTV through MyTVOnline it should be fine as its Formulers own APK and it would be a bit silly for them to make it incomparable with their own hardware

• As Formuler does not indicate which Hisilicon processor is used in their product, maybe there will be a difference in terms of performances

between the 7+ and The 8 model.

I will probably wait for the 8 model as JRiver has annnouced an android version of their Media center software ... and I would prefer to have the

fastest machine for both MyTVOnline and Jriver.

• Based on info available for Z8, correct.

As for Z7 question, also correct! No built in Bluetooth and only 2.4ghz wifi with the included antenna.

• I would be very happy if someone belonging to Fomuler could confirm me if android 8 will be available on the the Z7+ .

An educated guess says no, I’m 99% sure of it. Not worth their time and money. For what they do, i.e. offer a box for IPTV viewing, difference between android 7 and 8 is negligible. Any popular app used for IPTV will work on either OS, and of course MYTVONLINE will work with either.

• It still needs the most important thing is level one widvine and iec audio out put.

If this f*ck*ng audio isnt fixed this year on the z7+ then...

...then i will ONLY buy the Z8, Only IF on this product the audio problem is fixed.

So if the complete audio problem is solved on the Z8 then i will buy this in 2019

• Could you explain me what is the iec audio problem ? (I am discovering the formuler products)

Facel

My problem is sometimes at a channel i dont have any sound.

The sound then is: Dolby Digital 0.0

Dolby 5.1 and dolby 2.1 and all aac audio works.

But on the same channels at some movies i didnt hear sound.

Audio setting in android i changed it 1000 times l.

And i also have the audio optimizer app.

I did also several times factory reset.

So... it are the same movie channels.

Movie 1 has dolby 5.1 and i have sound.

Movie 2 has dolby 2.0 and i have sound.

And as example movie 3 has dolby 0.0 and i dont have sound.

I heard if there stands dolby 0.0 it has to be dts sound and the formuler cant decode that because software and hardware problem.

• Yes, please do that.

We have an update last week and still it doest work:cursing:

try to update your box to latest fw and sw/mol version.

Also the audio codec install at first step or after factory reset is important to confirm with "OK", some people deny and wonder later why audio on some channels doesn't work properly. Alternatively you can install the audio codec manually, the Audio optimizer app from market and check if under Android-> Sound -> Hdmi and spdif output is set to LPCM.

• try to update your box to latest fw and sw/mol version.

Also the audio codec install at first step or after factory reset is important to confirm with "OK", some people deny and wonder later why audio on some channels doesn't work properly. Alternatively you can install the audio codec manually, the Audio optimizer app from market and check if under Android-> Sound -> Hdmi and spdif output is set to LPCM.

Remember when you sent HDMI to LPCM and you have a DD5.1 channel it will send become a Stereo audio channel.