Z8

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• So I see there's a Z8 on the horizon. With all the issues that still remain with the Z7 is there anybody willing to shell out for the upgrade? Mytvonline is a great piece of software but the hardware seems to be letting Formuler down. And not just the Z series but the S series as well. I'm tired of resetting the S mini every time there's a problem as the UK dvb setup is still a less than user friendly experience. Thoughts please.

• Have a few questions for the devs.

1. Will Android Oreo 8 be Android TV OS or mobile/tablet one like the rest?
    2. It says MOL2, will that version only be on z8 or will other models get the MOL2?
    3. Will there be any Android Rom updates to the z7+?
    4. What is the processor chip in the z8? as cant see that info

Just few questions, before thinking of pre order :smiling_face:

• Highly highly likely android 8 will be the phone OS. There’s a reason only ~2 boxes in the world have legit Android OS (cost, time, certification requirements, etc). No one should be assuming/hoping we’ll get Android TV OS

• Highly highly likely android 8 will be the phone OS. There’s a reason only ~2 boxes in the world have legit Android OS (cost, time, certification requirements, etc). No one should be assuming/hoping we’ll get Android TV OS

Yes agree, but at pricing of £130 pre order, needs a little more than 5ghz wifi and Oreo to warrant the cost.

that's why asked about processor also, as if same/similar etc.

As may just grab one on pre order, to try out like I do most things ha, but wanted bit more info first etc

• First then they need to do is make sure they have widvine lvl 1, and gles 3.1 implemented. The Oreo using the correct Android Codecs not bespoke codecs. And then run android tv.

Have any of these ‘android and/or IPTV boxes’ done that? If no, what makes you think formuler will with the Z8?

• I can't imagine this being worth the upgrade. For me after having a Z7+ for a year the truth is that beyond MyTVOnline which is awesome its useless. The compatibility with Android apps is laughable at best and that won't change with the Z8 unless it's Android TV OS which doesn't sound to be the case. Not interested in paying $120+ for one application. Don't see the benefit in the hardware upgrades when you can't run software that's able to take advantage of it. I'm hoping someday they'll just start selling MyTVOnline separately.

• I only use my Z7+ for IPTV and think the mytvonline is great. Well worth the money compared to the mags (I also have a 256). I wouldn’t use it for Netflix etc though as I prefer the user experience on my AppleTV. Will probably get the Z8 or another Z7+ to replace my mag on the living room tv next year. However, I will wait a few months after release until the first problems have been ironed out

• Things that need to be fixed for Z8 all the audio codecs work with Kodi and All other devices. So it Should comply with Android IEC61937 Audio Standards. There are work arounds that could be added to firmware. Nvidia Shield Emulation this will deal the netflix issue as done on the Din*bot *k box using the same chip. Gles3 should be implemented so more games can be played. hdmi CEC should work. And Widevine LVL 1 should be implemented as so when then sales hit over a million people like netflix and amazon will allow 4k access to there streams