Sound Issue

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I've noticed recently that with playback of streaming TV shows, intermittently during an episode, I get a quick sound distortion(sounds like a robot) and a brief cut out of the sound before returning to normal.

I thought it might be the player (VLC) but it also appears to be happening in other players as well.

I don't recall this was happening before the recent two firmware updates?

I've changed the HDMI output in Android settings to Auto to see if this will remedy the issue.

Any ideas?

• Official Post

Describe your equipment setup. Is your device directly connected to the TV using an HDMI cable?
    Which app are you using to watch the streaming TV shows?

Does the audio distortion happen at the same timestamp on a certain TV show, or does it occur randomly?

I've heard a couple users who have had similar issues, but it was solved by either doing a factory reset or changing the HDMI cable.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Hi - thanks for the reply.

Yes - my HDMI cable goes directly from the back of the box to the TV.

I am using CinemaHD/Terrarium/Bobby Movie/ and the various other derivatives that you can stream TV from.

What I'll need to do is watch an episode and make notes of the timings these distortions occur and then watch back again to see if it happens in the same places and/or use a different player and see if it happens in those places.

Can you export your shortcuts you've created?

• Had this issue a few months ago a factory reset sorted the problem but unfortunately it has returned again. Thankfully is doesnt happen in the MTVOL app which I mainly use

• Ok, my apologies. I'm seeing this issue on VLC player, but I'm also sure I'm seeing it on YouTube. MX Player doesn't seem to have the same issues. It's weird as I didn't get this from VLC player on a Fire TV/stick or A95 Android box.