How do you enter a m3u playlist in Mytvonline app?

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• I have entered the m3u playlist exactly as I did in the Perfect player app but it will not work on Mytvonline?

In Perfect player you enter the entire m3u playlist that includes username and password all on the same line.

In the Mytvonline it has spots for password and username if I remember correctly. Does this mean I have to break

the m3u playlist up and enter the password separately?.

• ok I am not sure if I am understanding you. I can only have 1 m3u url. Ok that is all I am trying to do. I did enter it in the m3u portal so I got that right so far.

As far as how to enter the url? You are saying that I have to enter it without the user and password?

The previous poster ffonseca said not to break the url up only enter it as is.

"you have to provide your MAC oto your provider" I thought the whole purpose of using m3u was so you didn't have to provide a Mac address?

• Ok, so as someone above said, only one of the portals will work with M3U. Use the portal which asks for a M3U playlist, a M3U VOD List, and XML TV EPG. Only one of the portals will be asking for all three of these. Note: you can leave the VOD one blank.

Now, in the M3U playlist and XML TV EPG field, you need to make sure you’re typing in the full, looooong two URLs you would have gotten from your IPTV provider. These URLs need to contain your username and password.

Good luck!

• Ok, so as someone above said, only one of the portals will work with M3U. Use the portal which asks for a M3U playlist, a M3U VOD List, and XML TV EPG. Only one of the portals will be asking for all three of these. Note: you can leave the VOD one blank.

Now, in the M3U playlist and XML TV EPG field, you need to make sure you’re typing in the full, looooong two URLs you would have gotten from your IPTV provider. These URLs need to contain your username and password.

Good luck!

Well said brotha...

Good luck!

Very good post. Thanks I can understand it exactly seanns32. So I have done exactly as you have described. Yes there is only one portal that has all 3 m3u spots as mentioned. One for the playlist, one for the VOD and one for the guide. I have entered them in the exact same way as I do on perfect player but it won't connect. I know the importance of having to get it exactly correct or it won't work but I have double and triple and then some re checked the info as entered. I am wondering if there is a problem with my Z7+ as currently the wifi will not connect to any wifi. I even tried to use my smart phone as a wifi hot spot and I can see all the networks but it won't connect to any. It use to work but stopped some months ago so now I have it hard wired to my router/modem. I am wondering if it not connecting in mytvonline is a similar problem with this box? I also have other issues that I have reported to my provders but they cannot explain or duplicate them. I get guide issues where one day the guide will work and the next it wo't and this problem is with 2 different subs.

• Regarding the guide, I see some issues as well, so I’m guessing there are still some bugs to be ironed out.

When you say it works on perfectplayer, I assume you have Perfect player installed on your z7+ and you’re trying it from there?

ps if you have an android device in the house, install Air Sync Remote Z app to help type stuff into Z7+. Makes quick work of long URLs.

• Regarding the guide, I see some issues as well, so I’m guessing there are still some bugs to be ironed out.

When you say it works on perfectplayer, I assume you have Perfect player installed on your z7+ and you’re trying it from there?

ps if you have an android device in the house, install Air Sync Remote Z app to help type stuff into Z7+. Makes quick work of long URLs.

Yes I have the Perfect Player App installed on the z7. I have one of those mini wireless keyboards to type the long url's with.

I remember I think that in mytvonline wasn't there a check box that says "None" for a password? Sorry I am away from home for the next week so not in front of the z7 Anyway maybe this box has to be checked for it to work?

• Hmmmm if you’re in the correct portal, I don’t think such an option/question exists. But I’ll try to remember to check tonight.

My next tip would be to uninstall MYTVONLINE and then reinstall from market place. After that, maybe a factory reset?

• Yes I have the Perfect Player App installed on the z7. I have one of those mini wireless keyboards to type the long url's with.

I remember I think that in mytvonline wasn't there a check box that says "None" for a password? Sorry I am away from home for the next week so not in front of the z7 Anyway maybe this box has to be checked for it to work?

Yes, if you are using MAC then you will get that checkbox for password eventhough most providers will tell you that you do not have to use a login as thats why you provide your MAC of the Formuler to them.. There should not be a checkbox for password on the M3U portal as your UID and PWD are in the M3U Url itself. So there should be 5 places for MAC and 1 for Playlist within MTO.

• Yes, if you are using MAC then you will get that checkbox for password eventhough most providers will tell you that you do not have to use a login as thats why you provide your MAC of the Formuler to them.. There should not be a checkbox for password on the M3U portal as your UID and PWD are in the M3U Url itself. So there should be 5 places for MAC and 1 for Playlist within MTO.

Yes you are probably right. I most likely saw that option in the regular Mac portals.Just not home this week to verify.

• Thanks everyone that replied to this thread. I feel confident that I am doing everything right now.

Hopefully with a little more playing around I'll get it working.

The more you play the better you will get. Take some risks and just play around.. If you happen to mess something up you can always factory reset the box. Glad you ae feeling better about navigating and adding an M3U to the box.

Thank you so much for this suggestion!

Huge thumbs up from me....

• I never did get mine to work but I can help you I think.

Re: your screen shot.

Get over to the "Playlist" and scroll up or down. You should see another portal and when you open it you will see m3u and the

place to enter your info. Like I said I never did get mine to work and my reseller doesn't seem to want to help me with this

or anything so I am moving to another once this one expires.

Let us know if you get it to work.

• Ok I don't know how you put the screen picture on your post but I was going by my memory on my last post.

I have just turned my box on and on the same screen as you show above while on the" Playlist" I have

Portal nickname + edit portal

M3U playlist Portal URL

M3U VOD list Portal URL

I am not sure why yours is not showing the same.

I have 5 "+ Edit Portal" that all show the login info shown in your post above.

Not sure if this helps but it seems like you are missing the proper screen while in the Playlist.

You could delete the app and try re installing it and see if that does anything. I am not too much of an expert

on this stuff. Sure would be nice to get some other replies to help you out................................