Problem: no PAT/PMT in the .TS files

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hello,

After recording some programmes in Formuler S Turbo I've found out that the .TS files are somehow degraded - the MediaInfo software cannot display the full information about the video file and only writes:

Format : MPEG-TS

Format profile : No PAT/PMT

It would be good to complete the necessary info in the video file since some application can have problems with file analysis.

• Official Post

Hello,

Thanks for the test report.

Which firmware version are you using?

Are there other devices that record the program to include the PAT/PMT data you require?

If so, can you tell us which device so the developers can do some benchmarking?

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Hi,

I use the latest firmware - 1.6.11.

I've done more observations and it seems that the issue with the PAT/PMT table is random - today I've recorded some programmes and everyone has the correct PAT/PMT table. I simply don't know why this one was without the PAT/PMT table. I am going to investigate it more.

I've seen only problems with the MediaInfo application - it couldn't display the correct info about the video file. The MPC-HC media player was able to playback it correctly.

• Are there other devices that record the program to include the PAT/PMT data you require?

No, currently I use only Formuler Turbo S. Previously I used the Ariva 2012E and it always recorded correct video files (I mean files that could be recognised by for example MediaInfo or Windows).

By the way, I again recorded the programme without the PAT PMT table. It however was very interesting case: the programme was so long that the Formuler recorded 2 files since the length of individual file cannot exceed 4GB. That's why I've got 2 files: video.ts and video.ts.001. The video.ts file was not recognised by the MediaInfo and Windows itself (they couldn't write anything about the resolution, tracks etc):

General

Complete name : C:\zzz\video.ts

File size : 4.00 GiB

But - what is really weird - the second file (video.ts.001) was correctly recognised as the video file (I only had to change the extension to .ts) although the MediaInfo still informed that there's no PAT/PMT! Below details from the MediaInfo:

General

Complete name : C:\zzz\video.ts.001.ts

File size : 423 MiB

Duration : 12 min 49 s

Overall bit rate : 4 617 kb/s

Video

ID : 528 (0x210)

Format : AVC

Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec

Format profile : Main@L4