Bad picture quality on a new TV

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Hi all,

Sorry if I'm asking some stupid questions here but I am very new to the Formuler box and HD TVs in general.

I've had an old sony 40" HD tv for about 10 years now and I was getting my tv from a popular cable provider for years.

About 2 weeks ago I cut the cord and got myself the Formuler box which has worked great so far. The HD content looked decent on the old 40" and I had no issues with it at all.

Yesterday I bought a new 65" Samsung NU8000 tv and hooked up the formuler box to it. Now I don't know if its the size of the tv but I can clearly see the choppiness and blurriness in the picture now. I assumed getting a new HDR tv will make the picture better but everything looks worse now. When I preview the channel it looks flawless in the guide menu but the second I go full screen the quality drops big time. Is this how its suppose to be? I was trying to watch the basketball game but you can notice the imperfections so clearly I couldn't enjoy it.

I played around with the settings and made sure I have the highest resolution turned on and I do. Am I doing something wrong? Is this to be expected? Why is the small preview in the guide menu look so good but the big screen so bad?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

• 1 push on remote on RESOLUTION button and select 1080 60hz or 1080 60hz.

2 hold 3 second V FORMAT buttonim while you look tv with mytvonline. Here are some setting to.

At android setting on the bottom you can select extra video options.

Give it a try my friend.

• Thank you for your reply.

I have tried all those options before. The 1080p 60hz option does make the picture slightly better but still nowhere near what you'd expect. Very low contrast when I go to full screen. :frowning_face:

• Official Post

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried all those options before. The 1080p 60hz option does make the picture slightly better but still nowhere near what you'd expect. Very low contrast when I go to full screen. :frowning_face:

Turn off HDR mode if the colors look washed out.

Home > Settings > Android > Advanced options > HDR Mode > SDR

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• try al settings at hdmi in android settings.

I use rgb444 8bit.

Maby you must try rgb10 bit or the others like ycbcr 8bit etc

You can find it above the hdr settings.

Try first find the good hdmi color space.

And set hdr on auto or sdr. If you find the good hdmi xolor then try to change the hdr option

Edited 2 times, last by Lucky133 ().