Z7+ periodic wifi reconnections

>> Important Information <<

If users still ignore our forum rules and post again portal`s by name and url`s, the thread will be closed, postings deleted and user/s banned.
This is not a support forum for provider/portal related issues! Pleas follow the forum rules.

Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi guys,

I've noticed my recently bought Z7+ periodically drops wifi connection to the router (router logs say this happens every 5 min.) and then reconnects immediately. This doesn't essentially affect the iptv watching (very rare or no freezes at all), I think because the stream is buffered and the re-connection is very quick. I understand, than watching tv via wifi is not very good idea, but anyway this is damn annoying. None of my other devices behave this way (I have a plenty of them connected constantly to the router: phones, tablets, printer). The wifi signal strength to the box is excellent (router also shows -45-50 dBm).

Is there anything I can do with it? Or I should forget about wifi an go with wired connection?

• I should make a correction: disconnects are only logged if the box is in sleep mode. Setting "Keep wifi on during sleep" to "Never" in Android settings has no effect. No so much a problem, besides spoiling the router log, but nevertheless I think developers have to do something about it.

Mevi, no, I haven't tried static ip. Will try that as soon as I get back to my box. And yes, wired connection is way better. With it I get almost full 100 Mbps, no lags, reconnections and buffering.