Jan 31st, 2019 update

We asking all new users to read the articles below, before creating their first posting or thread.

• 4. Instruction Articles

• Please note, in this forum are only English threads and postings allowed, without any exception!

Please follow the forum rules, thank you for your understanding.

• Z-Series Software Update

January 31, 2019

Admin

A minor software update has been released for all Z-series devices. (Excluding Z8)

Please use the Update App to download and install the latest software.

Applicable models:

• Z7+ series
    • Zx series
    • Z+, Z Prime, Z nano, Z

Firmware Version: 2.8.60 or 1.2.60 (model dependent)

• Added Bluetooth shortcut to Quick Settings menu
    • Added ON/OFF switch in WLAN menu

MYTVONLINE Version: 1.9.62

• FIX : Portal init issue
    • FIX : Adult group bug

Source

• На z nano не загружается новое ПО 2.8.60 и 1.9.62, пишет, что нет обновлений, сейчас стоит версия 2.8.49

• I was hoping to see that they fixed whatever is changing the pin code to ??? when we have not even set a pin code.

In playing with trying to get my pin code back to 0000 I ended up doing a factory reset and the pin 0000 worked for that so I ended up having to reinstall all my apps and set up MyTvOnline all over again and come to find out it won't connect with my primary sub that I use my mac address with because the new update added a NEW Mac address. In the settings it still shows the old mac but now it's called ID # and the new mac starts with

00:1E:B8 instead of the regular 00:1A:79

• I was hoping to see that they fixed whatever is changing the pin code to ??? when we have not even set a pin code.

In playing with trying to get my pin code back to 0000 I ended up doing a factory reset and the pin 0000 worked for that so I ended up having to reinstall all my apps and set up MyTvOnline all over again and come to find out it won't connect with my primary sub that I use my mac address with because the new update added a NEW Mac address. In the settings it still shows the old mac but now it's called ID # and the new mac starts with

00:1E:B8 instead of the regular 00:1A:79

Right. Just noticed that too after the update. On MyTVOnline setup I see MAC and ID. My MAC is 00:1E:B8 and my ID is 00:1E:79. It also used to be 00:1A:79 but my iptv works fine which is strange because I still have 00:1A:79 displayed on my iptv provider. LoL!

Edited 2 times, last by NyteRazor ().

• Hi

I also noticed it changes your mac address hope this won't be a problem down the road when adding iptv providers. Also since the update I noticed you can no longer change the resolution while in the mytvonline you used to be able to use remote select resolution and change it from say 1080 p x60 hz or 720 x60 etc now that doesn't work. Hopefully this will be fixed

• Hello, I want to uninstall this last update because it changed my MAC and since then I can't connect to my provider anymore!!! How can I get the old version back? Thank you.

Select Factory Reset and you get back all the way to the original but not sure where to get the previous version. Maybe google the old version.

• Hello, I want to uninstall this last update because it changed my MAC and since then I can't connect to my provider anymore!!! How can I get the old version back? Thank you.

To uninstall it go into your settings/android/apps/mytvonline and uninstall Then go to the market and install mytvonline from there do not update it after you install and it should go back to your original mac address.

• Nope, nothing works anymore. I installed the older mytvonline but the problem remains. I think the problem came with the firmware update, so nothing I can do. When I try to connect to my provider I got a freeze, then after 5 minutes it say check your internet connexion (my connexion is fine).

Any ideas on how to recover my old firmware ? Thank you

• SAM or 175n can we have a comment on this issue? I personally haven't updated my Z7+ but it seems like quite a serious bug. Is there a reason for this? Or is it just a legit bug and will be fixed asap?

For some reason I think the problem happened when I did a reset and then installed the update. Now that I have the old version working I was able to install the update with no problem even though there is a NEW Mac address.

I still can't get the PIN code to work even though 0000 works for the box it won't work for MyTvOnline app.

• Official Post

The Media Access Control Address (MAC Address) of your box has always started with 00:1e:b8

There is no way to change this physical address.

Are you saying the last 3 octets of the MAC or ID changed after you updated the firmware? (Last 3 octets of MAC/ID shown on screen don't match what is printed on the bottom of the device)

MOL has always used a software ID that begins with 00:1a:79 to connect to MAC-based portals.

Nothing has changed in the way MOL connects to MAC-based services between old and new versions.

Unsolicited PMs for support will be ignored.

Duplicate support requests to the forums and helpdesk will be ignored.

• Previously when you go into settings the was only a ID of 00:1A:79:xx:xx:xx and that is what I gave my IPTV supplier as a Mac address.

Now with the new update it has Id 00:1A:79:xx:xx:xx and a Mac of 00:1E:B8:xx:xx:xx the last 6 are the same in both.

I am not sure why I was getting a pop up saying that it couldn't connect and to check my internet connection or my URL. My internet was fine and I was able to go to the market and upload apps and the URL was correct.

• Official Post

MOL has always used a software ID that begins with 00:1a:79 to connect to MAC-based portals.

Nothing has changed in the way MOL connects to MAC-based services between old and new versions.

Exactly like 175n say.

This means also in future, you still use the ID 00:1A:79:xx:xx:xx for provider, the box MAC address 00:1E:B8:xx:xx:xx is for provider irrelevant but now also shown in the settings as extended info.