Hope this little "current status and overview - Z8 and MOL2" will help you to understand what is new, what will come and also what is not yet teleported from MOL1 to MOL2.
Please note, just the major things are on the list, not all info.
Please don`t post any bugs in this thread or ask when will come new update, for such we will open extra threads and make other list`s. This thread is only for overview.
Would be also nice for registered to read here first, before they open new thread and ask for already existing info in this thread. Thank you for understanding.
- All new Android framework and system.
- Fastest boot-up time
- All new AndroidTV style custom Leanback interface
- AndroidTV Settings
- Custom App rows/groups and Locker group. (Launcher Settings)
- Custom background image for each app group. (Launcher Settings)
- New APK sideloader interface. Put APKs in USB:\apks folder and insert into Z8
- HDMI CEC
- Fail-safe HDMI Resolution settings.
- Press and hold RESOLUTION button on remote to revert HDMI resolution to "Auto/Safe" mode.
- Android Location services working properly
- Easily add and remove Google accounts
- TV Keyboard
- Edit app order/position
- Backup/Restore user partition
- AndroidTV Remote service
- Simple weather widget
- Remote provisioning
- Mount Network (NAS) drive
- STB WebIF
- Change screenshot path
- Completely new system and user interface
- Supports 10 portals (MAC, xc api), 10 playlists (m3u)
- Per portal EPG and group numbering settings
- New Recordings section
- Press and hold OK on a recording to delete it
- Redesigned grid EPG
- Faster and more fluid scrolling
- New on-screen toolbar. Use MOL2 with minimal RCU buttons
- New VOD poster layout
- New modern TV Series layout
- Support for the USB DVB tuner in MOL2.
- Multi-language menus
- Change group from grid EPG
- User defined Favorite channels order
- Channel list sorting
- Record 1, watch another channel
- VOD Youtube trailers
- VOD/TV Series TMDB integration
- Record to network-mounted storage